New toy purchased

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I split 8-24 inch stuff for my parks, precut to 16-18 inch lengths. I have it just thrown in piles of rounds when I bring the splitter in so I have to be a little careful when picking out rounds to split. I can split campfire diameter wood for bundles at a rate of a cord in 1 hr-10 minutes by myself. I had 2 guys helping 1 day to show off. I went to thier lot, the wood was precut and stacked in a neat row that we could just move the splitter in a line and back the truck and the trailer up to. We split an old trailer with 3 ft sides heaped and the bottom was 54"x11' long and then a regular full sized chevy 8' truck bed heaped, all stacked in 1 hr and 35 minutes. It's quite the show when you have help and the rounds cut and prestacked nice. I just can't keep up the pace of the machine alone , too old and slow. I need to get my staging area switched around with a small elevator to keep the processed wood out of my way to get any faster. Probably wouldn't hurt to keep the rounds stacked up nice so I can just move the splitter a little bit a time.

I would like to have had the SSHD but there was some sort of snag with powder coating last week at Super Splitter World Head Quarters. Supposedly it's getting shipped next week.

I split 8-24 inch stuff for my parks, precut to 16-18 inch lengths. I have it just thrown in piles of rounds when I bring the splitter in so I have to be a little careful when picking out rounds to split. I can split campfire diameter wood for bundles at a rate of a cord in 1 hr-10 minutes by myself. I had 2 guys helping 1 day to show off. I went to thier lot, the wood was precut and stacked in a neat row that we could just move the splitter in a line and back the truck and the trailer up to. We split an old trailer with 3 ft sides heaped and the bottom was 54"x11' long and then a regular full sized chevy 8' truck bed heaped, all stacked in 1 hr and 35 minutes. It's quite the show when you have help and the rounds cut and prestacked nice. I just can't keep up the pace of the machine alone , too old and slow. I need to get my staging area switched around with a small elevator to keep the processed wood out of my way to get any faster. Probably wouldn't hurt to keep the rounds stacked up nice so I can just move the splitter a little bit a time.

You were nearly quicker alon. 3 guys, 1.5 cords in 1.5 hrs vs 1 guy 1 cord in 1.1 hours.

You were nearly quicker alon. 3 guys, 1.5 cords in 1.5 hrs vs 1 guy 1 cord in 1.1 hours.

Not really, wood wasn't same diameter. I had very uniform 14-18 inch diameter the last time I checked myself. When I was with the other guys, it was all over the place, and a lot over 24 inches. 2 guys helping with big stuff makes all the difference. I split with a helper 1 time on some small stuff, he had a tendency to try and grab splits off the table instead of waiting for them to drop off, didn't like that real well. Just a small 10-12' electric conveyor I think would be the cats meow for me instead of helpers. Less drama too!

Latest posts

Back