New Tractor and Winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds like one well maintained tractor:cheers:

It gets the same treatment as all my other stuff, I confess it is the only one I store indoors and, since I sold my dozer and excavator, I probably over do it a bit. It is also to only machine that I purchased new.
On the maintenance thing, have you noticed that your outer air cleaner is a complete dirt magnet? Mine always seems to pick up a lot of dust and I regularly have to blast it out with air.

Hey turkey, how's the firewood sales?
I'm still fooling around with my tractor. Bought a 72" concrete demo bucket with grapple on it, way too heavy for my little L35 so I sold it. Now I've got a new 72" stone fork that works real nice, a new 72" bucket and a new 66" bucket with grapple on it. Of course I don't have the grapple plumbed up yet so it's sitting on my fenceline. Gonna be a winter project I guess, summer was way too busy and gone too fast. Haven't had much luck buying logs or tops yet but I haven't tried too hard either. Bought a couple of small loads of logs for firewood for myself. My buddy is still selling a bit of firewood but he has a problem with the quarantine now, his bushes are in Huron County and he lives across the road which is Bruce County. Can't transport across county lines, legally can't even burn his own wood. Everyone keeps saying the price of wood is going to drop because of all the ash that's going to be available but I don't see how it can go down hardly any. The price of the logs is already at a breakeven point now. I pay $300 for a 10 face cord load of ash logs delivered to my yard, I don't see how the guy makes any money.

Firewood sales have been good so far, and I havent been advertising much, mostly word of mouth sales. I really dont see the price dropping much, and if it does I guess I will be a few winters ahead with wood, for I'm not dropping my price:D

I know all about the EAB B.S. I dealt with the Canadian food inspection agency and all my wood for sale is inspected and certified (no ash).

It gets the same treatment as all my other stuff, I confess it is the only one I store indoors and, since I sold my dozer and excavator, I probably over do it a bit. It is also to only machine that I purchased new.
On the maintenance thing, have you noticed that your outer air cleaner is a complete dirt magnet? Mine always seems to pick up a lot of dust and I regularly have to blast it out with air.

I have checked the air cleaner once in the spring after field work and all looked good. It will get a good once over coming up shortly for fall field work.

Well it has been some time since we saw this setup , how about a update. What transmission is in your tractor TS? I finally got to test drive a 2615 MF , to bad it was already sold or it might have come home with me. They are a very nice tractor for the money seems more solid than the compacts (all dealers) they are building these days.

Got any new pics of your setup TS

Beefie

Well it has been some time since we saw this setup , how about a update. What transmission is in your tractor TS? I finally got to test drive a 2615 MF , to bad it was already sold or it might have come home with me. They are a very nice tractor for the money seems more solid than the compacts (all dealers) they are building these days.

Got any new pics of your setup TS

Beefie

Hi Beefie, everything has been working excellent. For the most part the tractor has been on snow blower and firewood loading duty this winter. But as of tomorrow I should be using the winch to pull some trees for firewood. I also have some nice blow downs to pull from the gully, and I will try to remember to bring the camera for some updated pics.

I have the 8x8 shuttle shift tranny on my unit and it works slick for loader work. I am heading out in a few minutes to move some bucked but unsplit rounds to make room for a load I have in the back of the truck right now.

Iam really looking forward for some new pics to drool over, please bring the camera for us pic junkies.

I think the 8X8 transmission is the way to go also, The one I drove had the 8X2 and a 2 stage clutch, It was different to get use to. They are offering a freeloader right now on a 26 series tractor. It makes it really tempting.

Beefie

Iam really looking forward for some new pics to drool over, please bring the camera for us pic junkies.

I think the 8X8 transmission is the way to go also, The one I drove had the 8X2 and a 2 stage clutch, It was different to get use to. They are offering a freeloader right now on a 26 series tractor. It makes it really tempting.

Beefie

The independent pto is the way to go, and a free loader is a sweet deal!

Sorry about the pics, I haven't been on here much since the new format and I am still working on figuring things out:)

168619-1fw-jan16-jpg

168620-1fw-jan16ash-jpg

168621-1fw-jan16-2-jpg

168622-1fw-jan16logs-jpg

168623-1fw-jan16roak-jpg

Awsome pics TS. It sure makes wooding ahole lot easier. On a side note I had one of the dealers call me back with a price of $25,100 for the same tractor as yours just with the next size bigger tires on it. If I could just sell the Harley I would buy the tractor right away, I guess maybe I should start advertising the bike:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

On the weekend I broke another drive chain on the winch. Even though my warranty is up I thought I would call Wallenstein because last year they indicated that I was the only person to have a drive chain break. So this morning I contacted them and had a nice chat with a gentleman named Tim. He was super helpful and is sending me a replacement chain, and has requested that I send back the broken links to see if it is a defect in the chain itself. I will say that the level of service that I have received from Wallenstein has went above and beyond what I expected. And even though my warranty is up they seem more than willing to help me solve this. I have dealt with other companies in the past that will not even look at you after the warranty runs out, even if it was a pre-existing problem that was brought to there attention while the product was under warranty.
So kudos to Wallenstein!

Thanks again Turkeyslayer for taking the time to post those great pics. However, with every picture I become more jealous.
Sounds like everything is going well with the equipment and I'm glad to hear that you find Wallenstein's service exceptional. I myself have never had to make a claim under warranty with any of my equipment, but if I do I hope my experience is similar to yours. +1 for Wallenstein.
P.S. You pulled more wood in 2 hours than I can pull with my 40 hp tractor (unwinched) in a day.

Thanks again Turkeyslayer for taking the time to post those great pics. However, with every picture I become more jealous.
Sounds like everything is going well with the equipment and I'm glad to hear that you find Wallenstein's service exceptional. I myself have never had to make a claim under warranty with any of my equipment, but if I do I hope my experience is similar to yours. +1 for Wallenstein.
P.S. You pulled more wood in 2 hours than I can pull with my 40 hp tractor (unwinched) in a day.

Thanks LJC, there should be a bunch more pics to come as I am getting into cutting on the weekends now. Wallenstein has been very good to deal with. I the past I had some warranty issues with an atv that I owned. The thing ran like a P.O.S from the day I brought it home, and after being in and out of the shop a half a dozen times the warranty ran out and the problem was still not solved (It would unexpectedly die). The manufacturer told me that even though it was an ongoing issue the warranty was up and it was my problem. Needless to say I dumped that p.o.s and doubt I will ever buy anything from that company again.

Yeah, I have had similar issues (not under warranty, but paying for the repair). Not fixing the problem, fixing it but creating other problems. And this was at the dealer. So I just started doing it on my own. Now I repair all my equipment. I also live far from town so if I think ahead and stock parts it actually works out in my favor. I save money and downtime -you can't beat that.

I have been reading elsewear that the 2600 series have had some leaking issues. Have you run into any issues with your tractor TS. Still waiting for pics , I no I am a pic junkie.

Beefie

Back