New tree show on TLC tonight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure they do. They would like nothing more than to show mishap after mishap. It's what boost ratings. Would be a boring show to watch tree md prune friut trees all day.

Actually, I specialize in hazardous removals and technical take downs. I do and have done quite a bit of aerial lifts with cranes and have even done a few with long time members of this website.

I think your comments are very insightful of what your standards of quality are.

Last edited:
yup, and then there's the arborist of 20years that could never do "tree work".
Hell the best ones are the Arborist that can't even climb. I love the big companies that are loaded with the salesmen/women that don't even know how to get up a tree.

How ironic, that statement could be applied to Mr. Nosak... Except for the arborist and climber part...

I think your comments are very insightful of what your standards of quality are.

Cool what are my standards? please enlighten me.

So you know my standards where good enough to work for a ITCC champ's company.

BB1... you don't get it, and the fact you don't see an issue with the show proves it.

I'd be happy to show you and Nosack how a proper company runs, but I doubt either of you really care enough about the industry to learn.

Nosack is a tick on the arsehole of the lowest of treeworkers. Period.

BB1... you don't get it, and the fact you don't see an issue with the show proves it.

I'd be happy to show you and Nosack how a proper company runs, but I doubt either of you really care enough about the industry to learn.

Not to mention the apparent lack of capacity....

While I believe that it is appropriate for the ISA and the TCIA to have sent letters of cautionary protest to TLC's parent company Discovery Communications, I am convinced it will have no result.

For as bad as "Saw for Hire" may be, as poorly as it represents our industry, and as lowbrow the intended audience, simply take a step back and consider the source.

No, not Paul Nosak, that arrogant, bellowing, clueless braggart has merely found himself a way to cash in with the lowest common denominator in the 100+ channel universe of television: TLC.

You want a TV show you need to write a letter about? Look no further than TLC's "Toddlers in Tiaras". Seriously.

Just watch one episode of this crap, if you can make it that far. If you do, and then think TLC intends for this program just to be watched by "Pageant Mom's", sit and hold your piece.

But if you think like many hundreds (thousands?) of others, including me, that this program of eight year olds in heels and lip-gloss is sick, that this program panders to pope-polishing, pud-pumping pedo-pervos, get on your horse and tell TLC about it.

I know I've taken this topic well off-topic. Tough.

My point is TLC has willingly taken the trough of pig-swill reality TV to it's absolute most base levels of depravity, and a little show about trees is the least of their concerns.

RedlineIt

Those guys are a joke. I cant believe they put that on TV. i mean who needs that much stuff for one tree? i could have done it with half the equip. and no crane.i should dump a load of logs in his drive way:jawdrop:

Any ways I think the guy's alright, might need some leading in right direction. Hard to say. I'd have to say he is a smart biz man he owns all his own gear. Takes 200,000 of his money makes the films, and sells it to a TV.

Which show are you watching? Does anybody really think this Sack has any clue at all about what he is doing? Apparently he cashed out his roofing biz( I wonder how many homeowners regret using him for their roofs?) and used that money to start a tree biz which he obviously doesn't know jack **** about. He needs more than direction, he needs some training, experience and common sense just for starters.
And him spending 200k of his own money, consider the source of that estimate.........looks like he'll be out of money and luck soon though.

Which show are you watching? Does anybody really think this Sack has any clue at all about what he is doing? Apparently he cashed out his roofing biz( I wonder how many homeowners regret using him for their roofs?) and used that money to start a tree biz which he obviously doesn't know jack **** about. He needs more than direction, he needs some training, experience and common sense just for starters.
And him spending 200k of his own money, consider the source of that estimate.........looks like he'll be out of money and luck soon though.
I cant belive a guy who operates like that and has a very insoubordinate crew(and for good reason why they speak up and speak out) has a welder, engineer etc. How can he afford to have a engineer on his payroll. I know a lot of treee companies, a few with cranes none of them have a "engineer persay" The "engineer" on his show must have been a little off on most of his calculations, cause all the times Ive seen a crane used on that show, it almost tipped over/had trouble lifting the load. I hardly call jamming the chipper and smoking a belt a fire like he says.

I cant belive a guy who operates like that and has a very insoubordinate crew(and for good reason why they speak up and speak out) has a welder, engineer etc. How can he afford to have a engineer on his payroll. I know a lot of treee companies, a few with cranes none of them have a "engineer persay" The "engineer" on his show must have been a little off on most of his calculations, cause all the times Ive seen a crane used on that show, it almost tipped over/had trouble lifting the load. I hardly call jamming the chipper and smoking a belt a fire like he says.

Maybe he is a locamotive engineer!:smoking:

When ANSI Standards become laws (and they have actual enforcement/prosecution) not just recommendations,..... then this show doesn't exist and this profession comes out of the Stone Age.

PS...I think this asks again the age old question....at the end of the ride....who wins?....the guy with the most toys or the guy with the most self respect? (or can you get self respect from the toys).

I wish I knew how to post videos on here because this week, a friend of mine will be moving a house off of a bluff and he is one hell of a crane operator. He'll be doing it with a 400 ton crane and all in one move!! Compare what Nosack does to what my buddy does is like day and night.

Anyway, in a kinda related situation, as far as OSHA getting involved with Nosack, there was a story, I think out of NY, about a family that was going to court over the fact tha a store wouldn't put a kids name on a birthday cake. Why? The kids name was Adolph Hitler XXXXX. Story ran and a couple weeks later, the family is in the news again after child wlefare services removed the kids from the home for unknown reasons. I guess they also had other kids with notorious Nazi and white supremist names.

Point is, eventually, Nosack will get the call from the regulators I'm sure in the near future. This guy is just thumbing his nose at safety regulations and the whole country sees it. That can't be good PR for OSHA.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,468250,00.html

Last edited:
Respect and money

Respect and envy are too different things. I think the owner of the company doesn't realize that. He's got all the toys (more than I've ever had on a jobsite) but he isn't earning any respect. Nevermind the fact that he said he was having trouble paying his employees, but yet he has two skidsteers on the job. Here's an idea, less equipment payments might free up some money to actually pay the people to run what you do have. I really hope the show's cancelled before too many people watch it. Just my opinion.

Respect and envy are too different things. I think the owner of the company doesn't realize that. He's got all the toys (more than I've ever had on a jobsite) but he isn't earning any respect. Nevermind the fact that he said he was having trouble paying his employees, but yet he has two skidsteers on the job. Here's an idea, less equipment payments might free up some money to actually pay the people to run what you do have. I really hope the show's cancelled before too many people watch it. Just my opinion.

:agree2:

:popcorn: I went directly to his website Nosak.com & viewed videos 1 & 2 . The results were, not impressive. Actually what I viewed was total caos from start to finish. The first organization viewing should be O.S.H.A. & not the general public. The concept of safety & P.P.E. is somewhat bleak. The commanding voice of Nosak is always present. The first item ,a safety meeting with all employees didn't occur. First, get the guys together & make sure they all have P.P.E. available,as mandated by law ? Next, come out to the tree & let's discuss how we are going to proceed . Then set up the equipment as needed & do a safety check. Only,one groundie to fuel saws, is sufficient. :buttkick: Please ; get safety chaps on groundies operating saws. :buttkick: The climber & crane operator should make the call on picks. Nosak's brother-in-law is a calculating wood wizzard . Calibration of pick weights were far from honest.... just short of deadly. Excessive stresses on the crane boom & overloading were apparent. Once the jib. was added, they entered a whole new world of danger. One side view showed the boom at about a 35 degree down angle on the pick. No load chart would recommend this type of operation. Tip-over, boom failure or structural unit collapse are just some probable outcomes.
:buttkick: to Nosak & his operation......" THREE DAY JOB - NO WAY".... " NO JOB-SITE PLAN"...... "SAFETY ISSUES"....... please "EDIT" your videos....."WHY?"...... Your operation needs a "MAJOR OVERHAUL" to call yourselves "TREE PROFESSIONALS"........:buttkick: :buttkick:

LMAO!! Not once in any of my posted have I said I don't see an issue with the guy. Please don't put words in my mouth, and I wont speak for you. It's a TV show for god sakes. Is it a kick in the nads for the industry? Maybe maybe not. All I know is it's funny as **** to watch. Brings back to other industry shows the crabbing industry changed the whole way it works cuase of it. Maybe the Nosack, is what Tree Care needs to make the whole industry fall in suite also.

Now how far would your office be from me. Since you don't have to peanuts to put your home state. I'm hoping your close enough so I can be schooled. I love guys that try to write checks their arse can cash.

I love guys that try to write checks their arse can cash.

Isn't that the whole point? What kinds of checks do YOU write? ;)

Don't worry... you won't be working for me, dude, so unbunch yer panties and chill. :buttkick:

You're the one saying you don't see the big deal. :dizzy:

Back