New website

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I think I finally got all the bugs out of my site and want you all to check it out if you could. www.ppmlandscapes.com Let me know what you honestly think. I haven't finished it just wanted to get something up since I've been putting it off for so long. Tried to keep it simple and to the point.
Too simple?
How easy was it to get around the site?
Any problems loading on your computer,slow etc.?
Any thing I should change or reword?

No problem here, need to add a "No-Spikes" logo to make it jump out.

Maybe justification of the lines in the paragraphs of the no topping.

How will the backround load on dialup?

Maybe a map of your service area instead of "area"?

I like it Todd. Its easy to read and to the point. Background loaded slowly for me but everything else pulled up fast. I think eventually you may want to set up a request an estimate section. Since you accept Visa and Master Card you could even have an accounts area where people could pay their bills and view their records. Good luck with it.

Thanks, I do want to get a no topping logo and the no spikes one sounds good too.
I don't have a set service area yet so I didn't do a map, we used to do a bigger area then shrunk it way down now we're slowly going farther out again.
Yeah the background slows it down big time but I thought it looked better than a flat color, might change that later.
I had started on a qoute page too but didn't like the way it looked so I didn't put it up.
Yup we're still taking on lawns but at a premium price unless there is other work I know we can get or they're going to be full service!

Looks good, Todd. I like the background. It loaded quickly on my computer. In the topping paragraph, you spelled area wrong, left out the a. Hey, since you started this, will you guys check out my site, too? Let me know what you think. It's also a work in progress. We hope to add pics and more homeowner-type information.

www.treeworksetc.com

Brett,
You have plenty of info on yours too. I would try to keep with a theme though. Like what ever page you look on arboristsite it all (header) looks the same. Like on the staff page still have the navigation leaves and list your staff in the center. Also I would go a little deeper on what their duties are, even if its answering phones. People want to know who they are dealing with. The main thing is to make everything looks the same except your filler. You may think this is strange but people have to recalibrate what they are thinking and refind everthing on a page when they go to a page thats different. I will use the staff page again. If I was using the Navigation bars and going through them clicking a new page each time. I only could go back to the home page from the staff page. I want access to the main portion of the site from each page. Most of all I like arboristsite.com as one of your links.:blob2:

Yours looks good too Brett, I like the wording , makes you sound committed to quality work which I'm sure you are! Some of the links and pictures aren't showing up though. Just the red x's.
Maybe just me but where you have the services listed in the box format I would just write it out since most of it is free and change your update date!

Brett , I think yours looks good as well
I was almost tempted to fill out a Request for estimate but decided you probably wouldnt make the Drive to SC to grind a 6" stump for me :D

hey todd,
i liked the site!!! the backgound is very cool!!!!!!
hey brett,
i liked yours as well!!! the tree works logo is awesome!!!!
i also like the estimate request page. i think i will add that
to my site, if it's ok w/ you.
as long as we're doing this, i just finished my page yesterday,
y'all check it out and let me know what you think........

www.golden1arborist.com

peace out.
budroe

Most of us dedicated web adicts have the highest bandwidth we can get. However there are a lot of occasional users out there that still use low baud modems, and if it takes a while for your page to load they will go away.

One way to find out is to find a freind still of a 24 or 32 kbps modem and check your site out.

Brett, I agree with Darin. Another point is that there are still many machines out there that cannot handle "frames".

Move the table of contents up onto the main directory.

Budreo, the text loaded all over the place on my machinf, this may be due to how I have my monitor formated or browser fonts, but if it happens to me it canto a prospective customer.

Also again, Cool as they may look the advertisment needs to be designed to the lowest comon denominator in your target audiance. Low bandwith requires few loading pictures, files of small size no moving GIF's, and short pages.

The put the web address on every other form of advertisement/comunication you have. Maybe get a rubber stamp so you can add it to your cards, estimates and invoices for now.

Last edited:
Budroe , that's a cool looking page, the colors are sharp but those little pop up trees are kinda annoying:p Check your spelling on complete and ornamentals at the bottom. You can check how it looks on a smaller screen by setting your display to 640x800 or something like that in settings. I had to rearrange a bunch of stuff after checking mine like that. I thought about putting those animations on mine too but thought it would slow it way down.

Todd - very nice site! Very clean and professional looking.

Brett - Yours is very appealing also but I agree with Darin and as Todd pointed out, you have some broken links. Also I would lose the hit counter.

Budroe - Yours looks way too busy. Its very distracting. The abstact painting at the top clashes with the colors of your background and the popups make it hard to read. Also substitute the word "pruning" everywhere that you use "trimming" We trim the lawn or our hair but trimming a tree sounds like we round ove to a certain height or hedge it or something. Don't take my critisizm too seriously cause I can't even create a website.

I am interested in how much work your websites actually bring in.

One feature that I thought of from a marketing point of veiw is to have a free drawing for a certain amount of work. It doesn't have to be much. $200-$300 range once a month and be sure to announce the winners to make it legit. People love to get something for free. Lotterys are very successful. It also would give you alot of leads for when times are slow. Send out discount coupons or seasonal reminders or whatever. We use this method at Home and Garden shows and it eliminates the down time.

Just a thought.

new site

great website.i do agree with the others when they say you need the no spikes banner to be much larger.putting in the no topping idea is a great piece of info.here in ohio there are alot of companies who endorse topping and spikes and ar only looking to make quick dollar and not thinking of the overall damage they are doing to the industry.again great site

thanks shespen!!!!! i designed the site myself!!!! i always tell people to check out my site. i have the address on my business card, trailer, flyers ect. i started taking before and after shots of trees and hope to add that page to my site!!!!
budroe
p.s. check out the link to arboristsite.com !!!!!!!!!!
:cool:

Latest posts

Back