New Whites boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they soak up water, stretch like crazy and hurt your feet. And then I hear cadillac of caulk shoes. Are you serious?
To top it off I hear them compared to WESCOs which are and have always been junk.
God I wish they still made Hi-Lines and Johnsons so you could see what a good pair of caulks is like.
FYI Kuliens may be the best now but they weren't anything special 40 years ago.

So they soak up water, stretch like crazy and hurt your feet. And then I hear cadillac of caulk shoes. Are you serious?
To top it off I hear them compared to WESCOs which are and have always been junk.
God I wish they still made Hi-Lines and Johnsons so you could see what a good pair of caulks is like.
FYI Kuliens may be the best now but they weren't anything special 40 years ago.

What do you really think?:tongue2:

I love my White's but since you don't is there a better boot? One that doesn't sell for $8-900.00. I could not justify that kind of price. BTW water is not really an issue here.

Well, I guess you settle for what you can get. It's just hard for me to keep quiet when I hear all the flowery accolades heaped on shoes that are inferior. I know "they are the best" but they are all inferior to what used to available and yes Kuliens ain't what they used to be either.

I am imagining this...
Conan! (Humptulips!) What is best?
To see your enemies driven before you, to see their forest in flames, to hear
the lamentations of the girly men in their cheap White's boots!

I am imagining this...

aaaahhh, days of high adventure whilst wearing Kuliens, theeees ees a good thing

I believe I once had a pair of Kerns?? I found them in a store in Everett and they were on sale. I think I got them just because they were the first pair I saw available in my size. They were never broken in. My feet conformed. I'm not sure what happened to them.

I believe I once had a pair of Kerns?? I found them in a store in Everett and they were on sale. I think I got them just because they were the first pair I saw available in my size. They were never broken in. My feet conformed. I'm not sure what happened to them.

Currins I think. Notorious for being hard on the feet. I came real close to buying a pair once but they were a half size to small.

I am imagining this...

All I really want is to not have wet feet or shoes that stretch out of shape. Is that too much to ask?
You would understand if you didn't live in the desert.:tongue2:

well, shows what little i know..............i just thought of the usual whites, nicks, wesco, etc. i didn't realize there are other great boot makers out there..............i stand humble before you..

I have never had White's but I have had Dakota's, Wolverines and now I have Chippewas!

I wore custom whites for 20 yr then switched to custom spring heel wescos. I did not need the high arch any longer.

Used to call the whites limousines for my feet.

Those Whites will be tough on your feet for a week or so then you'll love them. Oil or grease them every day until they break in.

Latest posts

Back