new wood hauler /UTv

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porta mill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I picked up 2 Mitsubishi Mini trucks 4x2, they have a three speed manual trans everything a normal truck has but in a smaller version. one upgrade it is getting is more aggressive tires . I have loaded it up with wood and drove it down to the OWB it seemed to handle it well. I only wanted one truck but it was a package deal one is for sale .

View attachment 227195View attachment 227196

227195-dsc_0001-jpg

227196-dsc_0002-jpg

Interesting ... too bad they're not 4WD! How much weight are they rated to carry?

So, you gonna keep Lucky #13 and sell 7 .. or what?

Looks like you could put some nice fat meats on the back axle if you can find wider rims with the right bolt pattern :clap:

Most I have read about are rated under 1000lbs load capacity. As for bigger tires, atv tires are what I have seen used.

You'll see these at sprint car races also; they use them as pit carts

They will load them up with tool boxes and parts for the sprint cars with a huge bumper to bump start sprint cars

They will haul alot of weight bet those tool boxes are close to 500 lbs plus

the truck I am selling is #13 it is a 1991 some where around 37k miles . It has a three speed manual trans and a three cylinder engine . I do not know the gross WT. but I know they weight around 1400 lbs I loaded the box full of wood the other day and hauled it down to the owb. it hauled it ok . also loaded it up with tools a generator and my daughters little 4 wheeler and drove it to my girlfriends house about two miles away and it seemed to haul it up some decent hills . I will say one thing it is nice to be able to for a ride and stay warm it evan has a heater.now for the price locally I am asking $2,700 but any reasonable offer would be considered. I do have a spare tail gate for the truck to replace the rusty one . I also have a Cushman truckster I want to sell also View attachment 227301

They would be awesome with a dump box on them! Nice find though, looks like the sides fold down making them even more versatile.

If this thing was a 4x4 I'd be on my way to Pa to pick it up.

I have a buddy that works for Mitsubishi Equipment and maintains a fleet of these at a large local amusement park , he swears they're indestructible. The parks grounds crews has fitted every attachment imaginable to these rigs from chemical sprayers to bigass gas welders..even though these little trucks have an advertised payload limit of 880 lbs. they'll live with much more on there backs.

Jeff it it were 4X4 I would be asking more $ than I am they do make 4x4 with a bump box but the prices start at like 6k . I did see some where someone put one of these mini's on a Suzuki Samari frame with some 33's on it . but that is another monster . I am asking $1700 for the cushman. .

There's a local used farm implement yard that sells the little 2wd versions like yours for $2,500-3K so your price is more than fair.

They had some of the Daihatsu 4x4's for $3,800-4,200 .. also had a 4x4 crewcab .. it was neat as heck.

I've always wanted one for playing in the woods

The farmer that leases my farm has one. I think he bought it down south. He really likes his. He runs it on the road between farms. Cost between 2500 to 3000.

Latest posts

Back