New500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the longest bar you can put on it? Will it take a 32" bar,, ? Let us know what you think of it. My buddy told me he would take a MS461 over that saw, so I am curious. So far, not available here.
Jeff
It was a hot (104 degrees) beautiful day!

What is the longest bar you can put on it? Will it take a 32" bar,, ? Let us know what you think of it. My buddy told me he would take a MS461 over that saw, so I am curious. So far, not available here.
Jeff
It was a hot (104 degrees) beautiful day!
yes 32

three of my customers have them. they all say their 462's kill it.

Have had one working nearly everyday for last year.

Hasn't missed a beat. Great, zippy, nimble saw for it's size. Works alongside 261, 362, 461, 462, 661 & 880. I love them all for different reasons, except the 362, which is a rough, unbalanced bastard of a thing, but most commonly will pick it up for convenience, just a little bit more poke than the 462, lots lighter on the body than the 661, particularly climbing with it.

Running a 25" light bar, which is nicely balanced, trialed it with 20", was nice, but like the reach of the 25" for taller users when working fast limbing & falling. That bar, buried in our standard 1250kg/m3 Australian hardwood is more than enough load for it. For comparison, only run a 25" on the 661 & 30" on the 880.

High revving can be unruly in certain situations, have had some good kickbacks doing confined blocking on gnarly old stems with vines etc. Noticed quite an improvement in economy over the 661. Narrow block sits nicely on harness when climbing.

Attachments

• WW 1.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 12
I found mine didnt oil particularly well to start with...pushed in the secret button et voila it oils lovely

Back