Eggs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodchuckels

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found these on a branch on one of my 20' Sugar Maples. Looks like insect eggs. Anything that needs to be addressed? Thanks20240414_125647.jpgo

I'm going to say stink bug.
I'd get rid of those suckers ASAP!

https://www.cabidigitallibrary.org/doi/10.1079/cabicompendium.27377

There are countless varieties of insects that might be. Identifying them from a few eggs is gonna take a very talented entomologist. This is probably like asking me to identify a tree from the bud scars on a twig.

Myself, I'd put a screen or bag of some sort around them, and see what comes out. I'm not the kind of guy to just kill off some bug I think I don't like. Many stinkbugs are predatory on other insects, anyway.

There are countless varieties of insects that might be. Identifying them from a few eggs is gonna take a very talented entomologist. This is probably like asking me to identify a tree from the bud scars on a twig.

Myself, I'd put a screen or bag of some sort around them, and see what comes out. I'm not the kind of guy to just kill off some bug I think I don't like. Many stinkbugs are predatory on other insects, anyway.
That would be the more logical thing to do.
I hate stink bugs and they seem to love soybean fields.
Last year, corn, not so many stink bugs. Year before, soybeans, the house and yard was infested with the bugs. This year soybeans again. So, we'll see what happens. If they swarm again this year, pretty sure it'll be because of the soybeans.... unless the cicadas get them first. :yes:

Back