Newb Bought my first Saw Ever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DobemanXX

Reaction score
Hi all
Finally broke down and bought my first saw
I been a lurker here for a bit reading all the Stihl vs Husky discussions
Was originally going to buy a new low end saw but after thorough reading
decided money was better spent on a name brand saw.

Then I went and priced them and ouch a new saw was going to hurt my pocket book enough that my wife would kill me so after a year of looking for a good used saw
I found one that I picked up tonight I got a husky 346XPG with a 16 inch bar
the guy I bought it from has a bunch of saws and was the original owner
and the saw works mint. He also threw in a new Oregon Chain with the saw

I'm so psyched I've wanted a saw for a long time and didn't think id ever find a decent new one.

I am going out tomorrow to buy the safety gear.

Thanks

Congrats on your new saw!! You bought a VERY highly respected machine and should be quite pleased with it.

DobemanXX said:
I am going out tomorrow to buy the safety gear.

Smart man! It is good to see that proper safety gear is becoming more widely accepted. It just makes good sense. I was downright foolish as a youngster and had a couple accidents; luckily I learned my lesson(s) at minimal cost to myself. Save yourself the aggrivation and embarassment, do it the right way from day one.

computeruser said:
Congrats on your new saw!! You bought a VERY highly respected machine and should be quite pleased with it.

Smart man! It is good to see that proper safety gear is becoming more widely accepted. It just makes good sense. I was downright foolish as a youngster and had a couple accidents; luckily I learned my lesson(s) at minimal cost to myself. Save yourself the aggrivation and embarassment, do it the right way from day one.

thats right, ppe never hurts... actually it has saved my dad some toes and leg in past decades... havent yet had to test effectiviness of my own ppe... YET *knock wood* ...

Congrats dude

Wooooohooooooooo. I remember how happy I was when I got my first saw also. Congrats all the way guy. Husky builds an excellent saw that should last you many years bro... Happy cutting to ya. Now go make some chips fly buddy...:cheers:

Great saw. Wondering how you like the G - heated handles and carb right?

Congrats!!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

musch said:
Great saw. Wondering how you like the G - heated handles and carb right?

Congrats!!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

yeh, G means heated handles and carb normally... i gotta say, heated handles are absolute must when cutting in cold temps/snow places... i bet you all know how "nice" it feels when youre starting sawing for day and youre all cold and your fingers barely move becouse of cold, with heated handles, just flip the switch and enjoy the warmth :cool: :cool:

Heated handles are very nice in the climate I work in......:biggrinbounce2:

Let that 346xpg keep the revs up, don't load it too much! ;)

It is a very nice saw for its intended use.

Heated handles

At what temp can you turn on the heated handles?I have very bad hands and shouldn't be cutting,but I can't stop evrything the docs say!Or can you readjust the carb to the heated handles?I know this sounds stupid but I never had heated handles before.I put them on my ATV and I think they are great.Hope the saw is the same way.
thanks,
Ed

314epw said:
At what temp can you turn on the heated handles?I have very bad hands and shouldn't be cutting,but I can't stop evrything the docs say!Or can you readjust the carb to the heated handles?I know this sounds stupid but I never had heated handles before.I put them on my ATV and I think they are great.Hope the saw is the same way.
thanks,
Ed

well, you can turn on the heat whenever you feel like it but over -5c the handles will get too hot for me... but theye absolute must when cutting in rain or light snow, when your gloves get wet...

imo, i use them only when i start cutting until i get myself warmed, then i turn them off...

computeruser said:
I was downright foolish as a youngster and had a couple accidents; luckily I learned my lesson(s) at minimal cost to myself. Save yourself the aggrivation and embarassment, do it the right way from day one.

Wait a minute, I saw the pictures. You're still a youngster from what I can tell..or a very well-preserved old guy. :biggrinbounce2: But you've learned wisdom in your youth...and that's the most important thing. Way to go!

Hi
BTW the heated grips and carb was one of the deciding factors
for me to go the way i did as it can get cold up here in the north east

Also he had a 353 for the same money but I bought the 346XPG
as mentioned

Thanks
you guys are the best

Latest posts

Back