Newbie needing advice on first saw purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, sounds like ya need to quit talking out ya azz. I got a 350 and 211 here, they are built about the same. The 211 crank isn't sitting in plastic though. A 450? That is a joke...:laugh:

I have owned 3 025s and 1 250, and 3 350s and one 450, fastest and most power of the 3 was the 450, 350 a close second, handling a million times better than the stihls. If that talking out my azz then here is a big fart for your pleasure, 250s suck big time POS! If you want to love them thats fine .

I have owned 3 025s and 1 250, and 3 350s and one 450, fastest and most power of the 3 was the 450, 350 a close second, handling a million times better than the stihls. If that talking out my azz then here is a big fart for your pleasure, 250s suck big time POS! If you want to love them thats fine .

Thanks for the laughs, get the PUI under control or I will have ya going to AA!:monkey:

Not drunk! You should know by now Its just MHO the 250 is the biggest piece of crap stihl makes, almost the same saw as the wildthing!

You got a pullon pole saw and a old echo 3400. News flash, you don't have any room to call any Stihl a pos.:D

I'm out of rep for ya too! Next time ya big dummy.:greenchainsaw:

You got a pullon pole saw and a old echo 3400. News flash, you don't have any room to call any Stihl a pos.:D

I'm out of rep for ya too! Next time ya big dummy.:greenchainsaw:

Hey! That old echo Im pretty sure will give your 250 a run for its money and weighs half as much. As for the pole saw, I need a pole saw and didnt have 500 bucks! Dont knock that echo I love that saw man!

Im out of rep for you too! Ill get ya later stihlhead!

My step dads saw is an 021.
35cc saw with a 16" bar that you can fell and buck with. Not bad.

No opinion on the 211/250/270, but I'd surely take a PS510 over a MS290. My Dolmar dealer sells the 510 for a bit less than yours wants for the 420.
I think the 420 would be an excellent choice too.

If you could get a 5100 or 5105 for $400 or so, that would be nicer than a 510, but you'd have to stretch the budget to go up to that level.

I went with a brand new Stihl MS250 with 18" bar.

Local dealer is great so that played a big part in my decision. Bought a case, helmet with earphones, wedge and bar oil to go with it.

Congrats. Good choice. RTFM if you haven't already.
For chain sharpening, search here.
You'll have the saw a long time. I can see you have done your research and didn't take this whole business lightly.

Congrats. Good choice. RTFM if you haven't already.
For chain sharpening, search here.
You'll have the saw a long time. I can see you have done your research and didn't take this whole business lightly.

Thanks poulson!

Yeah I did a good bit of research before buying. I think I made the right choice for me.

I appreciate all the help I have gotten from the members here.

I own a MS250, bought it to clean up after one of the hurricanes came through MS a few years ago. It's a good small saw and you wont be disappointed as long as you keep the chain sharp. I use mine mostly to cut up downed limbs. Typical homeowner type stuff.

I was helping a friend with a large Oak, that was blown down in a storm. After one approx 10 inch limb I started to dog cuss it because it wouldn't cut. Dumb me, I realized it wasn't the saw but a dull chain. I had been cutting down some bushes and had burried the nose in the dirt and dulled the chain. I swapped chains and it was a totally different saw.

I know I have only had this thing for a few hours now, but....

Is there a company that sells an aftermarket handlebar? I really liked the Echo handlebar. Aluminum with rubber wrap. Anyone make one of those for the MS250?

The 250 is a great little saw--I sometimes choose it over my 361 for limbing and smaller bucking because of its weight and size.

S

I know I have only had this thing for a few hours now, but....

Is there a company that sells an aftermarket handlebar? I really liked the Echo handlebar. Aluminum with rubber wrap. Anyone make one of those for the MS250?

I have cork bicycle handlebar wrap on some of my saws.

Back