Newbie, with a bunch of old Husky L65's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of igniton.
I've had a couple saws get really temperamental.. They'd rev fine, then completely cut out for a second, and catch again.. they'd idle perfectly, no bog off idle, just wouldn't rev right... Seemed to be worse when they're cold, and doesn't seem to be a fueling problem, leaving only ignition. I'm thinking the pivot for the points has goop in it and they aren't moving freely? I'm going to have to take that flywheel off again I guess, just wondering if anyone has any other ideas...

Alright, time for an update.
I was cutting some dead pines with the good saw, got it tuned really well, got the chain sharpened right, and the oil mix figured out nicely.. man is it nice for bucking now, the weight of the saw is exactly right, you don't have to hold it up, and you don't need to push on it either... a 6" piece gets cut in a second.

Now of course that's not good enough :rolleyes: I was speaking to someone far more knowledgeable than me, and he gave me some pointers on what some better port timing numbers are, so I had a jug with a little scuff on it, and a less than perfect piston. I also have an old carb I'm going to work on overboring especially for this jug. Then I'll build a muffler from the ground up, dual port to try and keep the noise tolerable but not choke the saw either.

Also working on a friend's 480 (same basic saw with a new body and 77cc P&C), I've got it running so far, but need some rings before it'll work right.

Would you have any L65 Saws or Parts for sale? I have a Tomos L65 I am rebuilding
Kelly, I sent the saw down with Gavin and when I get your cell #
he can send you the pics, call me at 250 767-3168
the p/c are great and 75 bucks will do fine
you can look them over when you meet up
Keith

Latest posts

Back