Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KG441c

KG441c

Keith
That's the only thing I dont like about them is the plastic handles. Not sure why they dont put metal ones on them?? They do on the 241 VW C-M's. I thought about buying a handle for the VW 241 and putting it on, but not hooking up the wires for the heated handle. You would also need the upper AV spring from a VW.
U would like the heatshrink. Slide it on and put the heat gun to it. 1 1/2" with glue inside. Perfect snug fit

AKDoug

AKDoug

Pro Staff
I started off hating this saw. I couldn't get anyone to buy it from my shop, so I just added it to my fleet as the excavator/firewood processor limbing/topping saw. After a few tanks this little saw really took off. I'm going to MM it when I get back from vacation and see what transpires. I switched mine to .325 /.063 Stihl Rm chain. I didn't see much difference other than I feel I go longer between sharpening with this chain. I do so much sub 16" wood that this saw makes total sense for me. I second the comments that it is tough to bog down, which is amazing for a saw this small.

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
I started off hating this saw. I couldn't get anyone to buy it from my shop, so I just added it to my fleet as the excavator/firewood processor limbing/topping saw. After a few tanks this little saw really took off. I'm going to MM it when I get back from vacation and see what transpires. I switched mine to .325 /.063 Stihl Rm chain. I didn't see much difference other than I feel I go longer between sharpening with this chain. I do so much sub 16" wood that this saw makes total sense for me. I second the comments that it is tough to bog down, which is amazing for a saw this small.
I agree! When I really leaned on it is where I was most impressed. AK do u notice if the saw self feeds better with the picco or .325?

AKDoug

AKDoug

Pro Staff
I think it self feeds better with .325, but I also switched over when the picco was dull, so it's tainted my impression somewhat. Using that saw around my heavy equipment and the processor means dirty wood, so the .325 is better for me in this case.

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
In clean wood don't underestimate picco. It is FAST but unfortunately it doesn't last long in dirty wood. Personally I use Stihl 26RM or Carlton K3C because I cut in pretty abrasive conditions but I wouldn't hesitate in using picco under clean conditions. The 241C is a cracker little saw though, that's for sure.

Latest posts