Next Years Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highpower

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I got a good start on next years wood Saturday. My old truck is not too pretty but always starts and dumps. I bought it 5 or 6 years ago when we were building our house for $1850 and it has paid for itself many times over.
This was my first load of the day. I had another one but not quite as big. It's mostly locust. I got lucky this year, TVA decided they needed to widen the right of way on a power line that crosses my farm. The guys said it would be easier to cut it into firewood than chip it all. I just have to pick it up and haul it to the OWB.

well i cant quite cary that kind of load but here is my sundays work

ALLTHEGROSS

ALLTHEGROSS

Last edited:
I got a good start on next years wood Saturday. My old truck is not too pretty but always starts and dumps. I bought it 5 or 6 years ago when we were building our house for $1850 and it has paid for itself many times over.

You built your house for $1850? :jawdrop: Wow that's cheap!

Don't matter what the truck looks like, as long as it works! I wish I had that truck.

Do you have to load that truck by hand or do you have a bobcat or something to dump into the box with? Thats a good sized load of wood, if you load by hand your getting your excersize. One more question. Have you ever got the "beast" stuck fully loaded? I love it.

and to think iam still cutting for this year lol i know im slow and old just got done with one load of loucst and one on the trailer going to wait for a day or two :dizzy:

You built your house for $1850? :jawdrop: Wow that's cheap!

Don't matter what the truck looks like, as long as it works! I wish I had that truck.

Where I live I could have had a whole 18.5 square feet to live in at an average of $100 a foot.

Do you have to load that truck by hand or do you have a bobcat or something to dump into the box with? Thats a good sized load of wood, if you load by hand your getting your excersize. One more question. Have you ever got the "beast" stuck fully loaded? I love it.

I have a 70 horse Ford tractor with a front end loader. I pull up to the cut and stack the wood in the bucket and dump into the truck.Since I put the side boards on to haul more there's not much throwing anymore.

Thankfully I have never had it stuck to the point of having to pull it out but I have had the front wheels off the ground. I had been spreading gravel on my driveway and forgot to undo the spreader chains. When I backed up to dump an extra load onto a pile all the gravel hit the tail gate and up the front wheels came. Luckily the bed went back on the pile I was backed up to. I wish I had taken a picture of that.

Thanks for all the good comments on my wood/rock hauler. It sure has been a good one.

Next Years Pile ...

Here is our pile for next year, some green oak, hickory, and elm from the ice storm many weeks ago, and some logs we been splitting with the Backhoe...

Pretty soon we are going to start pile number two as this one is about in our way for Hay season (turn around spot).

pile_feb15_540x200.jpg

Here is our pile for next year, some green oak, hickory, and elm from the ice storm many weeks ago, and some logs we been splitting with the Backhoe...

Pretty soon we are going to start pile number two as this one is about in our way for Hay season (turn around spot).

pile_feb15_540x200.jpg

With all the rain and wind it's a full time job keeping the trees out of my hay fields.

Back