nice looking bid form

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfdavis

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good bid form to give customers. I'm still quoting the work and price orally and get a sense that some customers might like something in writing. My preference would be something fairly basic/simple, but professional looking. If you use a form that you think is good and can share the source I'd like to try it out.

The bid proposal that is in my quickbooks is what I use. you can modify it to meet your needs and add your own custom logos and looks professional in my opinion. I would think that you would want a written copy of your bid?

I'm just about to go to the printer to get new forms. First I have to go to the computer and update my previous ones. I became incorporated this last year and it's now a legal requirement that all my biz cards, and estimate sheets have , Inc. at the end.

I'll be glad to share, but Elizabeth is calling me for dinner, so mebbe in an hour or so.

What's your business name?

Don't use anything you buy premade- the generic one's from Staples, Office Depot, etc. Looks cheap, in my opinion.

Proper one's will cost you an hour with microsoft word, then a little bit at Kinkos, but you will have the PERFECT one. Print up a few to start, then let them run out and make some updates. You'll soon end up with something you just love.

It's a good thing.

love
nick

I have to disagree with nick. I think anything used for a buisness, but looks like it was made on a home computer with clip art is junky. My uncle (concrete) uses a single page bid for his estimates. and runs off buisness cards with clip art. Cheap looking.

You never get a second chance to make a good first impression!

Probably for the same price as running off copies, gas, and time

you can get personalized stuff, and buisness cards are free from www.vistaprint.com

I use these proposals form 217-3. Made up with my co. info, and a tree about 1" tall, by 1 1/2 " wide.
http://www.nebs.com/NASApp/nebsEcat/products/product_detail.jsp?pc=217#

-Ralph

begleytree said:
I have to disagree with nick. I think anything used for a buisness, but looks like it was made on a home computer with clip art is junky. My uncle (concrete) uses a single page bid for his estimates. and runs off buisness cards with clip art. Cheap looking.

-Ralph

Yes. But the trick is to NOT make it look like it was made on a home computer. And single page bids are often a give away. DON'T use a kinkos photocopier, and DON'T use clip art. Use real graphics that YOU design yourself. Then bring it to the counter at kinkos, tell them you'd like this printed in 2 (or 3) page duplicate or whatever, where the top page is white, back page is yellow or pink, and they can make you the duplicates that don't have that black sheet between them. Any kinkos can do this.

It looks quite professional if done right. As a matter of fact, you can post the Word attachment here for us to critique!

Take your time to learn what Word (or even publisher!) can do, then create something that not only looks professional, but also IS professional.

love
nick

I have no doubt that with some time and effort one can make a stunning form.
No one I've seen takes the kind of time that would obviously be needed to complete such task.
I myself, am usually too busy doing treework, thats what I do, so I leave the printing and designing to the printers, thats what they do.

-Ralph

Begley, the one you posted could be made in word in just a little while. They seem to be charging about $70 plus extra for customization and shipping.

If you have the time, you CAN save some cash, and get things JUST your way!

love
nick

Gents, I understand your points. I just don't think it's for me. Besides the time to make it up, I'd have to drive an hour and a half to the closest print shop.
For me, the way I do it now, works for me. Your way works for you, and thats cool.
-Ralph

Kiss

I'm with Nick. Remember, you can <i>call</i> Kinko's, ask them if you can e-mail your form, and ask how much it would be, for how many. There <i>might</i> just be a chance they could FedEx the forms to your door. ;) I'm quite certain they can take your credit card over the phone.

Here's my estimate sheet. It was done in Word, I put a border around it and used a fancy font. No Graphics. Simple, very simple. I tend to want to finesse just about anything I do, but with the estimate sheet, I have never had the desire to upgrade it. I don't think a two-part carbonless estimate sheet can get any more basic.

The first impression you're going to make is not going to be with how snazzy your form looks. It will be in how you write the estimate; what it is you will be doing for them, and how much it will cost.

You also need the fine print to protect you. Here is some of the fine print in mine.

ALL TREE WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED IN A WORKMANLIKE MANNER FOUND IN THE ANSI A300 STANDARD FOR TREE CARE OPERATIONS. ALL OTHER LANDSCAPE WORK WILL BE DONE IN ACCORDANCE WITH GENERALLY ACCEPTED INDUSTRY STANDARDS. ALL AGREEMENTS ARE CONTINGENT UPON WEATHER, ACCIDENTS AND OTHER DELAYS BEYOND OUR CONTROL. (YOUR COMPANY NAME) WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO ANY UNDERGROUND INSTALLATIONS, SUCH AS PIPES, CABLES, WIRES. ETC, ALTHOUGH REASONABLE CARE TO AVOID SUCH DAMAGE WILL BE TAKEN.

your signature

ACCEPTANCE OF PROPOSAL
THE ABOVE PRICES AND SPECIFICATIONS ARE SATISFACTORY AND HEREBY ACCEPTED. YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO DO THE WORK AS SPECIFIED. PAYMENT WILL BE MADE AS OUTLINED ABOVE. IN THE EVENT THAT A DELINQUENT ACCOUNT IS PLACED IN THE HAND OF AN ATTORNEY OR LICENSED COLLECTOR FOR COLLECTION, I AGREE TO PAY, IN ADDITION TO THE AMOUNT OF SAID ACCOUNT AND INTEREST AT 1.5% PER MONTH, A LATE FEE OF (fill in amount) AND ALL COSTS OF COLLECTION, INCLUDING A REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEE. I CERTIFY THAT I AM THE OWNER, OR HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO REPRESENT THE OWNER, OF THE ABOVE TREES AND/OR LANDSCAPE AREAS AND INDEMNIFY (YOUR COMPANY NAME), FOR ALL DAMAGES, ATTORNEY’S FEES AND COSTS SHOULD A LEGAL DISPUTE ARISE CONCERNING THE OWNERSHIP OF THE ABOVE PROPERTY.
YOUR SIGNATURE BELOW WILL CONSTITUTE A BINDING CONTRACT. CANCELLATION SUBJECT TO A CANCELLATION FEE OF 25% OF THE CONTRACT PRICE.

customer's signature

I feel it is extremely important that who ever you contract with, has the legal right to authorize the work you are going to do. You do not want to be in the middle of a property line dispute. Another thing is you don't want to get a bid accepted, then a low baller comes by before you do the work and the owner cancels on you. If you have a cancellation fee, you at least got something out of it and usually someone will not be more than 25% cheaper than you, or you could make the cancellation fee higher, like 50%.

Hows this?

I made one, this one on publisher. I spent a good hour on it. Maybe two hours if you count the A.D.D.!

I'll attach it. Steal it, change it to your liking, put a better logo on it, change the wording, then have the folks at kinkos make you carbon copy forms!

DOMOMARIGATO MR. ROBOTO!!!!

love
nick

Crap, the publisher file type is not supported by this site. Does anyone have a way to convert this to a .pdf???

I'll see if I can post it elsewhere. I'll email anyone a copy if they'd like it, but I spose it don't help much if you don't know what it looks like to start with!

love
nick

Okay, I tried a few other sites and couldn't get it to work. I even found a site called MSFN.org (microsoft forum network) you'd think THEY would let you post a publisher doc!

Just lemme know and I can email it. Here's a jpg so you can see a sample!

Click here to see the .jpg of the invoice

love
nick

ohio gozaimas!

I was born in Japan. I can say a few things, but I got no idea how to spell 'em.

Oh, hope you don't mind that I stole yer fine print for my invoice sample.

love
nick

begleytree said:
Gents, I understand your points. I just don't think it's for me. Besides the time to make it up, I'd have to drive an hour and a half to the closest print shop.
For me, the way I do it now, works for me. Your way works for you, and thats cool.
-Ralph

Actually, you can email it to Fedex, and they deliver, too. Often for free. This can all be done without leaving your desk.

And we see how much time you spend around here, so don't try telling us you don't have an hour or so to try and make your own ;)

love
nick

We use quickbooks and they work for us. Recently the ISA or TCIA (I can't remember which) sent a nice one that I am sure you can purchase from them.

begleytree said:
I have to disagree with nick. I think anything used for a buisness, but looks like it was made on a home computer with clip art is junky. My uncle (concrete) uses a single page bid for his estimates. and runs off buisness cards with clip art. Cheap looking. -Ralph

"print shops" print up their stuff using the same computer programs, they just know how to make things look professional.

Latest posts

Back