Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Bryce has had some NOS 245 cylinders listed on eBay for a while now. Looks like he has several, $35 ea. Too bad no one has the pistons that I know of. Still the cylinder probably doesn't have the decomp port necessary for an SA. Just have to "pays ya monies and takes ya chances" on the parts saws. You never know. Might need some parts off that Dayton parts saw to repair an otherwise go SA next week. If it never happens you may have some parts to help someone else. Thought about buying it but I've got enough projects going now.

I have been using Hyper Parts for hard to find Poulan parts and they take some time but have always managed to find the part for me. They do list 530023253. They will search for NLA parts and seem to be able to find them. Prices have always been reasonable as well. Great customer service.

I have been using Hyper Parts for hard to find Poulan parts and they take some time but have always managed to find the part for me. They do list 530023253. They will search for NLA parts and seem to be able to find them. Prices have always been reasonable as well. Great customer service.

They should be a sponsor(hint to moderator/administrator), looking at their site. Along with chainsaws, most guys here have a ton of other stuff that needs parts now and then.

I had the same luck with eRplacementParts.com.They also take some time but they always find the parts as well.Last time i ordered some parts for the 306A,the guy told me that 5 of the 9 parts were backorder with no ETA.When i asked him how long it could be the "no ETA" he told me that he will ask and let me know.After a couple of days he responded that some of them released from backorder.The oil pump gear and the quad ring was discontinued.I told him just send what is available and refund the money.They refund me the value of these 2 parts but when the package arrived( i must say that it came with much delay) and oppened it,i found inside the oil pump gear and the quad ring.I can only think that they refund the money first but keep searching about these 2 parts.

And something else.Does anyone know what material is the carb adapter of the 306A?I want to weld it but i am not sure if it is aluminium.

Last edited:
I had the same luck with eRplacementParts.com.They also take some time but they always find the parts as well.Last time i ordered some parts for the 306A,the guy told me that 5 of the 9 parts were backorder with no ETA.When i asked him how long it could be the "no ETA" he told me that he will ask and let me know.After a couple of days he responded that some of them released from backorder.The oil pump gear and the quad ring was discontinued.I told him just send what is available and refund the money.They refund me the value of these 2 parts but when the package arrived( i must say that it came with much delay) and oppened it,i found inside the oil pump gear and the quad ring.I can only think that they refund the money first but keep searching about these 2 parts.

And something else.Does anyone know what material is the carb adapter of the 306A?I want to weld it but i am not sure if it is aluminium.

If your talking of the reed adapter between the case and the carb, I beilieve it to be aluminum.

Why you want to go welding on it? Cracked or something?

I got extras of those if you need one.

I couldnt get that part number to come up there?

I'll take 2 of them 245 pistons if you can get them .

Actually Bryce has had some NOS 245 cylinders listed on eBay for a while now. Looks like he has several, $35 ea. Too bad no one has the pistons that I know of. Still the cylinder probably doesn't have the decomp port necessary for an SA. Just have to "pays ya monies and takes ya chances" on the parts saws. You never know. Might need some parts off that Dayton parts saw to repair an otherwise go SA next week. If it never happens you may have some parts to help someone else. Thought about buying it but I've got enough projects going now.

Steve that cyl could be drilled for a regular decomp if you really needed to. I never seen one yet that really needed it though.

It would be hard to machine it to the early auto decomp but those saws can be converted to a non decomp by just changing the throttle lock on them.

Steve that cyl could be drilled for a regular decomp if you really needed to. I never seen one yet that really needed it though.

It would be hard to machine it to the early auto decomp but those saws can be converted to a non decomp by just changing the throttle lock on them.

Yeah, don't see the need in a decomp on that saw either. Just staying in line with the idea of picking up that Dayton and I'm a stickler for keeping things original whenever possible. I'm with you. If someone comes across some 245 pistons, I'll take a couple myself. As you are well aware though, there are many sites who claim to have things they haven't had in years. That's come up several times over the years. Someone finds something on a website only to get a msg that the part is NLA after they place the order. The S spring bar spacer comes to mind. It's happened to me on occasion.

I couldnt get that part number to come up there?

I'll take 2 of them 245 pistons if you can get them .

Mark,
That part of their system sucks. Open to their home page and point the mouse arrow to chainsaw parts in the light blue bar at the page top.
A drop down menu will appear. Click on anything in that menu.

At the left side of the page you will see a box with a dark red header. About 3 inches down you will see "Parts Diagrams"
Click on that.

In the brands box select Poulan (or whatever brand). If you select model and they have an IPL it will give you choices. I just leave that blank and skip over to "part" and type in the Poulan part number.

I've found that if something comes up, they will go and try to find it for you.

Convoluted eh? (Canadian content)

If your talking of the reed adapter between the case and the carb, I beilieve it to be aluminum.

Why you want to go welding on it? Cracked or something?

I got extras of those if you need one.

Yes Mark,i am talking about the reed adapter.Well the previous owner probably destroyed the threads bolt that hold the air filter cover and made something really stupid.He enlarged the hole about 8 mm and then opened threads.You can see the threads through the impulse hole.Now i can't stop the leaking,i tried sealant but with no luck.I will try tomorrow to weld it,to fill the hole and let you know.Thanks.

Yes Mark,i am talking about the reed adapter.Well the previous owner probably destroyed the threads bolt that hold the air filter cover and made something really stupid.He enlarged the hole about 8 mm and then opened threads.You can see the threads through the impulse hole.Now i can't stop the leaking,i tried sealant but with no luck.I will try tomorrow to weld it,to fill the hole and let you know.Thanks.

OK, I got it now.

If you need one just let me know.

Last edited:
Back