Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought the clutch cover was like a 2400 on the 236..... that is a pretty cool saw as well....

Poulan 3400 series oil pump, have any of you ever completely disassembled the oil pump on a 3400 series? 21 different parts / part #'s, i am building a few from all NOS parts, why? because i can.

Been looking for one of those for a while now. Missed a mint one not far from me a couple years ago for $30. Kickin' myself since.
30 bux? wow ive seen this one a micro and i think maybe a 245/306 not positive as i don't know those models at all.....It is pretty crazy how many different models out there....

Poulan 3400 series oil pump, have any of you ever completely disassembled the oil pump on a 3400 series? 21 different parts / part #'s, i am building a few from all NOS parts, why? because i can.

Literally done dozens of them, what's got you stumped?

The intake & discharge check valves balls & springs are not itemized, as are included in the body, but can be pulled out too if you're careful.

Wouldn't that make 25 parts, LOL? :)

Literally done dozens of them, what's got you stumped?

The intake & discharge check valves balls & springs are not itemized, as are included in the body, but can be pulled out too if you're careful.

Wouldn't that make 25 parts, LOL? :)
I should just send them to you to put together. Have about 10 to assemble

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

That's too many!, but thanks for the offer...I did sit down over the last Christmas break & punch out a dozen diaphragms.

You know you saved me a bulldozer sized headache though a while back, when I couldn't clear the intake port out on one, & you sent out a spare. The original old 3700 oil pump body is still soaking in a jar of Seafoam the garage.

IMG_1620.JPG

Back