Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 3400 cylinder and maybe intake still attached I would give someone for shipping cost. The top ext bevel would need cleaned up where it had hung a ring at one time. Came on a parts saw I had.

Will be a couple weeks before I could ship though. That time of year. :cheers:

That kind of sucks on the 3700 but it's only 3cc behind and a great saw. I'm sure you will find a 3400 and make a runner out of it. I took 2 of my 3400 and made a 3700 and a hot ported 3800 from the other, hard to tell the difference. Had a extra 4000 cover on the 3800 now it's going on the new 4000 when I have 2 hands that work.

Is the 3700 not a great saw? Be hard to tell the difference of 3cc in a log surely?

Put a half a tank through the 4000 last night bout 8pm (lucky nabours) any way I have learnt something bout these saws.. .
They do not clear out noodles at all:( kind of sad now I cut a lot of the bigger rounds into semis when getting wood by myself
Yea. Not much clutch cover clearance.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Is it a 3700 or 3800? 3700 and 4000 have thin rings whereas the 3800 has standard thick rings. Rings on a 3400 and 3700 are quite different. Only reason I asked was you stated you measured the bore. Looking at the rings would have immediately told you if it was a 3400 or 3700. Nothing wrong with a 3800.
It has thin rings. Has a 4000 air filter and cover making me think it was a 4000. Im not to worried about it. Be a good little saw regardless.

Put a half a tank through the 4000 last night bout 8pm (lucky nabours) any way I have learnt something bout these saws.. .
They do not clear out noodles at all:( kind of sad now I cut a lot of the bigger rounds into semis when getting wood by myself
When I was running a bar on mine, it would throw chips out the front just a fast as the bottom, definitely don't clear chips fast enough, but still didn't bother the cutting none.

Steve

It has thin rings. Has a 4000 air filter and cover making me think it was a 4000. Im not to worried about it. Be a good little saw regardless.

So it's got most of the good parts of the 4000 then. Does it have the 4000 starter pulley? It makes sense about the missing side port on the muffler as only the US 4000s had it and not the 3700s.

When I was running a bar on mine, it would throw chips out the front just a fast as the bottom, definitely don't clear chips fast enough, but still didn't bother the cutting none.

Steve

Yeah cross cutting is fine n dandy just didn't like noodling is all

The 3700 is a very good saw, do anything you want it to do but stack the wood

I'd like to get a 3700 top end when I have some spare cash just as an insurance policy for the future.

Here it is hanging out with some of her north of American cousins awaiting the file at the top of the pile.20181123_080150.jpg

Looks like it pizzed on the floor too!

They like to do that....marking their territory when those yellow dog saws come around.

My green 3700s are mixed on the flywheels & starters. Seems that some were standard ratchet 3400 type & some were 4000 pin or cog types, but who knows if they had been swapped out over the years?

Looks like it pizzed on the floor too.

They like to do that....marking the territory when those yellow saws come around.

hahaha it has too. I'll get some more to even up the numbers a bit when I come across them. Its quite bizarre to think that the manufacturing machine that is the USA no longer makes real saws any more and Canada too

The short cover yellow saws clear chips quite well. I have quite a few saws that don't clear noddles very well at all.

Mine has 2 metal pins on the starter housing. Seems strong. Seen the smaller saws have a plastic ratchet gear.

The plastic is very old on those two pin pulleys and they are easy to break. It's unfortunate that all of the pulleys have been discontinued and will cause a lot of those saws to be shelved for good.

Latest posts

Back