Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a shame really but yes the sales of old saw parts wouldn't be even 1 percent of the bits for stihls n huskys.

Tim is there any pulleys from another saw that can be adapted with some ingenuity? Has anybody ever had a look at machining 1 up out of alloy? I've had a thought of drilling a hole in the cover and use a drill if I have too not very practical but could work. Just make a driver off the starter pawl holes

Well your the man with plenty of different saws to compare pulleys Haha.

I just fired up the 4000 to cut some branches for the boss and yea 10 pulls before it poped:( was running yesterday and it runs beautifully yet won't start very well so mite be time for a carb kit bugger it. Do you guys use the throttle lock when choked or not?

Same here on the throttle lock.

Fiddle with the low mix needle a bit.

If you have the low and high side out more that 1-1/4 turns it's time for a kit.

When I get one of that series I always put a carb kit in, new fuel and vent lines and filter.
If I have a particular like for it, crank seals as well.

Ok so I'm doing the right thing then the Mac's all start 1st pull maybe 3 no throttle lock so must be carb time I'm 1 and a 3rd on the low and right on 1 turn on the high. Maybe I'm a bit fat on the low haven't run it enough to nail it where I'm happy yet though.

And yea you can for sure swap but aren't they getting scarce too?

The big ones are metal on metal, 4200 up
The 4000 and the 3700 are metal and plastic, the 3400, 3800 are plastic pulley. My good old 3400 is still go to go after all the years. If I was still working I would have built a new all metal 3400 pulley on my lunch hour with my cnc mill ,miss the hell out of using it

Back