Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the 2350/2.3 saws also use the Walbro WA carb? I’ve got two other brand saws that I’m rebuilding carbs on so I ordered a few spare carb kits.

Can someone make a top 10 general list of the rarest poulans. I'm still new to the poulan club but loving it so far. I would assume the larger saws wouod be harder find but you guys are the experts

The 4900, 6900 and 7700 are by far rarer than the 4400. 6900 is very rare with the 7700 being even more rare. Does anyone have a 7700? If so post a pic please just for the lust of it.
What you say about the 7700 is so true John. Back in 2009, just before are first Poulan GTG, Steve (67Mustang) came up from NC a day early, and we had a little mini GTG. LOL Got to run his 7700 & 8500 back to back in some comparison tests. I said it on here at the time, and I still think that the 7700 is the best over all saw, of the "Big Poulans". Some how the 77cc seemed perfect in that class of Poulan saw. All of them, from 4200 to the 8500, are basically the same, just different cc. I allways thought the 4900 & 7700 were the smoothest of all, and cant really tell a difference in power with the 85cc versions. Seemed to hit the sweet spot if you will.

Gregg,

What you say about the 7700 is so true John. Back in 2009, just before are first Poulan GTG, Steve (67Mustang) came up from NC a day early, and we had a little mini GTG. LOL Got to run his 7700 & 8500 back to back in some comparison tests. I said it on here at the time, and I still think that the 7700 is the best over all saw, of the "Big Poulans". Some how the 77cc seemed perfect in that class of Poulan saw. All of them, from 4200 to the 8500, are basically the same, just different cc. I allways thought the 4900 & 7700 were the smoothest of all, and cant really tell a difference in power with the 85cc versions. Seemed to hit the sweet spot if you will.

Gregg,
Any thoughts to do another Poulan GTG after the Covid madness dies down? Nothing against the other GTG’s but some of the PSP crew get to be a bit much.

Gregg,

I totally agree with all of this. Alot of saws running that day but only 3 turned my head when they hit the wood and Steve's 7700 was one of them! Have not seen Steve on here for a long time. He is a great guy to talk to.

Any thoughts to do another Poulan GTG after the Covid madness dies down? Nothing against the other GTG’s but some of the PSP crew get to be a bit much.
Unfortunately not svk. Will never say never, but no plans on this end. It can be expensive, time consuming, and a lot of work, but times change, age , health changes, etc. A date for one was always a challenge too. Fall worked best for me here, but was always the same time everyone else having a GTG was happening too. lol Travel was a big draw back also. Long way to go for some folks, no matter where in the country you have one. Most of the attendees here were from Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky. I gotta hand it to guys like Tim (Fossil) from Canada, that made the trek. Or, couple fellas from North Carolina and Virginia. The furthest I went to was in eastern Illinois. ModifiedMark in Indiana had the last Poulan GTG that I know of, and I couldnt make it to that one. Still saddens me to this day. So, who knows what will things be like in another year or so.

Im so out of the loop, I don't even know if GTG's are still a thing. LOL I can tell you I have had a great time at every one i attended. Even though most saws at them were not Poulans. There was always a few of us that brought some green saws. Eventuallyat Nik's (fatguy) urging, we had a Poulan GTG in 2009. You could always bring and run whatever saw you wanted. Even them creme scicle, and orange saw. LOL But we ran and high lighted the Poulans. Never a "Pull-On" joke to be heard. Best thing about our GTG's was the food, drink, and camaraderie and knowledge of these saws, sitting around a fire in the evening. That, and listening to Mike (rmsMoparman) sing and play guitar. :barbecue::drinking::guitar:

The chain brake on my new to me 3400 is missing some parts, see photo. I can't get the brake off so I could run it just as a clutch cover.
P&C look excellent fired on a dribble and have since replaced fuel line
I can't get the Brake strap retaining pins out. I've tried driving them out, did not move and I didn't want the break the clutch cover. Is there a trick to this?

Kevin, Those top two pics of the black & green 4000 & 7700 got me to thinking about the age old question on Arborist site. People often ask to pick a 3 saw plan. I think those 2 and my black & green 3000 would make me a happy camper. :) I have the green & black 3000 & 4000 covered, just need a 7700 or 8500! Oh well....

Gregg,

Kevin, Those top two pics of the black & green 4000 & 7700 got me to thinking about the age old question on Arborist site. People often ask to pick a 3 saw plan. I think those 2 and my black & green 3000 would make me a happy camper. :) I have the green & black 3000 & 4000 covered, just need a 7700 or 8500! Oh well....

Gregg,

I bought 85 up near you in 2017, met in Carey.

Then 2018 54 about halfway to you on 30.

Folks here now own both.

p8500o.jpgp5400x.jpg

Latest posts

Back