Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some carbs have a plastic lever and some have metal. One of mine with plastic also broke off and now useless. Not sure if that assembly is available seperately as I didn't rebuild that saw.
Just take that part from another parts saw like I did. The whole part section. You can see the section in top left of rebuild.

There should be a level on the throttle that activates at high rpm. With the top cover off you should be able to see the operation unless something is missing from the carburetor
The black plastic lever is on the body, just not sure how they work together. I found 1 pic on fleabay that shows the setup. Not a great pic but I think I can figure it out. Now to see if I can order that plate because I broke the plastic arm. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The black plastic lever is on the body, just not sure how they work together. I found 1 pic on fleabay that shows the setup. Not a great pic but I think I can figure it out. Now to see if I can order that plate because I broke the plastic arm. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
The silver part in my pic will move and contact the black piece to open. Black piece missing but that just get pushed open by sliver rod in front.

Hey if I am shipping those other parts. If I got the whole deal I can throw one in there. I will check here in a bit. ?
=== Never mind on that last part. None here anymore. ===

p3314plastic.jpg

Picked up a 220 recently for the usual $20. Threw a bar and chain and a Chinese chain brake and it's a runner . I've had a few of these and always found that they can bite your hand if they don't start. So I was thinking that the timing might already be somewhat advanced.
You could be right, but having run mine before & after, I prefer "after" A LOT BETTER.
Naturally, it's not a GIANT KILLER saw, but pretty impressive for what it is & I've been tickled with the performance after the mods...

I paid $10 for it minus carb & gasket (had a old poulan case already).
Found a Walbro 391 carb (like new) for $5 @ a pawnshop of all places.
$3 for new carb gasket, I got it running like a Swiss Watch for $15.
Cant complain, lol.

My new Deer Camp saw this year knocking out a NICE Homelite little red XL I've used the last few years (served me well).

The old Poulan Case I've had 20 years & totally forgot about (found it looking for some stuff in a shed).
Perfect fit for the P220.

It has water trapped in the top lid, lol.
Gonna have to drill a hole or two in the lid.
20211003_142119.jpg

Back