Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my red Craftsman 2.3, aka Poulan S25DA, had been running finnicky lately. So pulled carb check diaphragms and clean it out with carb cleaner. Metering tab was set correct and gaskets were pretty flexible. Put it back still not acting like it wanted to pull fuel up, primed carb fires up immediate, but wont pull. Decided to check the fuel line see if something was broke in two but I knew better as I replaced the line pretty recent. Anyway, I noticed where fuel line enters the tank there was a noticeable gap and line was loose to the opening. So I pulled some line out of tank and that part of the line was a little thicker, seemed to be anyway. Buttoned it back up and fired off and pulling in fuel like it should.

My question is, what fuel line are you putting in your Poulan S25DA? This is what I have used on this one and I believe the dozen others I have.
3/32 x 3/16 Oregon 07-253 fuel line.
thanks
Tom

One of my red Craftsman 2.3, aka Poulan S25DA, had been running finnicky lately. So pulled carb check diaphragms and clean it out with carb cleaner. Metering tab was set correct and gaskets were pretty flexible. Put it back still not acting like it wanted to pull fuel up, primed carb fires up immediate, but wont pull. Decided to check the fuel line see if something was broke in two but I knew better as I replaced the line pretty recent. Anyway, I noticed where fuel line enters the tank there was a noticeable gap and line was loose to the opening. So I pulled some line out of tank and that part of the line was a little thicker, seemed to be anyway. Buttoned it back up and fired off and pulling in fuel like it should.

My question is, what fuel line are you putting in your Poulan S25DA? This is what I have used on this one and I believe the dozen others I have.
thanks
Tom
Use any line you want.
Drill & bit works wonders.
I've had a couple Poulans that I thought I wanted bigger fuel line.
I did just that & liked the results well enough.
I like the larger Stihl & Echo line.
Not much more money than the cheap crap, & a MUCH BETTER VALUE/PRODUCT!

thanks
Tom

That exact hose size is what I use, and also see the same restriction or bottleneck on the tubing wall after a few months of use. It may cause fuel seepage or air leak around the outside of the tubing, but that won’t cause a running issue as it acts like a second tank vent.

However, the inside of the tubing getting a restriction can cause a lean fueling problem. Sure wished they had installed a screwed in barb fitting there, like the bigger saws.

I’ve found on most of my dozen old S25DAs & clone restorations, that the auto oiler diaphragm & button were damaged/separated & that causes a huge air leak that makes them run wonky & the carb adjustments real finicky.
The 2nd issue was the crank seals have usually shot craps after 40 years, lol.
3rd was the oil pump cover’s impulse air slot needs work to help support the diaphragm & impulse gasket edges.

DCD9585D-E709-4C74-A1A1-E122229FD3D5.jpeg

1780E4A3-B83B-4492-87FB-CE07CC372E49.jpegBA1F99CD-2AD7-4C99-BB5B-82739E4E4330.jpeg

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/niks-poulan-thread.98495/post-6008964

Use any fuel line you want (there are MUCH, MUCH better on the market now a days).
Stihl & Echo are the better lines IMHO.
Mic your fuel line, pick appropriate drill bit...
Use ANY fuel line you like, with a TIGHT factory type fit.
Easy peasy...

Check this out
If you want to fix your 5200 ect air filter get 2 filters from a 3400 ect and work the filter with your fingers and you can get it almost back flat again. Once you have that cut off the extra and epoxy it to your old frame that you have wire brushed the fuzz off. You have a working filter that has fuzz on both sides. Weight the filter as it hardens. 20211023_120049.jpg20211023_122419.jpg

Have an old Poulan 3400 Countervibe my Dad got from trading my Grandfather and sat for years and a year back I got it going and used it for a month, then it slowly got harder and harder to start and eventually it would run till it started to get into a cut and would die, took a Compression test and came up to 30 PSI, which is even a miracle that it even started(Yes, it was tuned properly)

A month later I bought another 3400 Countervibe for $50 with 150PSI and tore it all apart, put it back together, did a Muffler Mod and it Sings!!!

The other saw is shot, it is going to need a New Piston, Rings and Head.

This is probably a Dump Question, but,
Does anyone know where I can get those Parts?

Thanks,

Mad3400

Dang I better raise the price on my running cutting sold as 3.0 but is a 3.4 3400 in grey. Local was asking PHO $100. But I dont advertise it. Just when folks come in shop asking. Put all new lines, crank seals, carb kit, new af.

Sold green 3400 running but IMO needed carb kit and lines for 50 local to a member.

If a topend for a 3400 brings that at chainsawR :oops: . Crap I sold 3700 topend for 50.

Guess I should start parting all these runners too.

3.0/3.4 pic

c302.jpg
c34psi.jpg

That ugly as sin carbon up piston 245A and 306 parts saws I sent to a guy with a 245SA needing the cylinder etc.
Looks like he is making good with the A on the SA.

Before and after. The before is how it came to me with base gasket. After is after him cleaning up and putting on SA without gasket.

Not bad for a a 65 dollar 245 I sold him.

306 was even cheaper then just buying the muffler set. Plus saves me the time of having to part them both out.

p245apsi.jpgp245sax.jpg

If anyone is interested and close by for these 3 clones.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/...e\":0,\"commerce_channel\":503,\"value\":0}"}
Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji879]
755ca8761bf12ce46da300d6dfd01f23.jpg

Latest posts

Back