Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the guys runninf sa saw I am helping try and save another sa he has with my 245a parts saw.
???
Confusing posts as to what pics are what...can you not get the part number from this pictured saw’s jug?

You need to type slower for me to understand, lol!:laughing:

“Poulan 245SA pic

Attachments

• 7B647234-BAA6-47B8-A6A4-BD846D868E15.jpeg
    7B647234-BAA6-47B8-A6A4-BD846D868E15.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Tired brain. Been fighting fing stihls for about a week now. @hotshot :drinkingcoffee:

carbs , carbs, carbs, carbs, fall from tree, sheared fly key with stripped out fly nut. You name it they just keep coming in. :dumb2: But they allow for me to search out those better poulans etc. :cheers::yes:

If I remember correctly, the only revision difference in plain A & SA was the auto sharp feature.

What it the part number cast onto your jug base flange?, that looks like an early 11563 model. Have seen three different cylinders 5300-11564, 11563 & 11525.

The jugs were all the same bore size & will interchange, but may require plugging the decomp up & finding the correct tin muffler assembly in order to reuse it.

Not sure if the SA revision covered all the other changes like elimination of the points & decomp hole, a different tin muffler can & added the rear cylinder boss mount style.

Side of his running cutting SA above.

Not the SA project my cyl would be for.

p245saaaaa.jpg

My 3450 felt funny when I was checking compression (180#!) so I removed the recoil and find the steel hub is missing half. The last time I needed one of these it was still available. I see the high prices. Is anyone willing to share his work-around/repair/substitution?

I got one with half. Long as it still starts. Got one good one left too. But yes they have went NLA and bring higher prices now.

You can change flywheel to earlier model to run those recoils and pulleys.
Yes it starts reliably, just sounds funny and looks frail. Do my compression numbers sound normal? I think both are stock, with little use.

These are out of my wheel house.

While waiting for parts. Dug in that 74cc poulan. Coil and flywheel on 306a parts saw different style then 245a.
By looking at 245 piston I don’t know if it would have been a runner anyways. Ugly looking.
😋

So both parts saws now if anything needed.

I was hoping going to be same. But one is prob early points style on the 306. The 245 is later style no points.

Shoot just thought of something. I should put what is needed on the 306 to see if it will start. P+C are nice in it.

View attachment 934463View attachment 934464View attachment 934465View attachment 934466View attachment 934467View attachment 934468View attachment 934469View attachment 934470
NLA SOLD to collector to fix another 245SA and so he has parts for fixes for others.

Back