Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calvin,
I sent you a PM did you get it? It is about seals for a 306A. Let me know. I need these. Now I know why the thing seized.

Mark,
Got a set of rings but not sure about the piston... I'll keep ya posted.

Steve is right on the money! :)
I used to run 32:1 in my older Poulans. But I got a New 385xp and ran 50:1 in that. I use it ocasionally for milling also. So I thought this is crazy, all differen't mixes, so I went to the same mix for ALL my saws now. I use premium gas & Woodland Pro Synthetic at 40:1 . All run great on that mix!
From old to new. Makes life a whole lot simpler too..

:cheers:
Gregg,

I ran different ratios for a while, but it was a bit of a headache, I now just run 32:1 in everything without any issues.

004.jpg

003.jpg

That don't look like a handle from any Poulan that I can think of off hand.

So on these newer Poulans they are made basically at the same spot as a craftman and a husky home owner. Right? If so what models are interchangeable from a poulan to a husky?

Let say I have a Husky 350 what parts from a Poulan interchange?

Mark i called up ray and he told me his list shows that handle so its actually a poulan full wrap just got to do some homework to see what model it fits

I also found out ray does not have any which is good news so once i find what model this fits that will help alot

Scott im going to be going soon to see if i can locate them seals and other parts for you and i will look again for Bobs parts again may of overlooked them
the other day

That Handle looked to me like a 6000 handle.
That's all I can think of that would fit in there.

Mike

Mike i did some looking in my poulan book fits a model 54 now that is a oldie list it as a Full wrap standard bar these people here need to reread there info on this

http://cgi.ebay.com/POULAN-3400-AIR...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20aad36a10

2586 is surely not a 3400 air filter it is the 361 air filter besides i have a air filter 2586 for the 361 and i also carry the air filters for the 3400 at $ 5.99 each so that is cheaper than the link above

Last edited:
Mike i did some looking in my poulan book fits a model 54 now that is a oldie list it as a Full wrap standard bar these people here need to reread there info on this

http://cgi.ebay.com/POULAN-3400-AIR...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20aad36a10

2586 is surely not a 3400 air filter it is the 361 air filter besides i have a air filter 2586 for the 361 and i also carry the air filters for the 3400 at $ 5.99 each so that is cheaper than the link above

Calvin, where were you a few months ago when I posted that I was looking for a 361 air filter? I had to get one from Ray!

Your right the seller on that ebay auction has the wrong part # listed but that is a 3400/3700 air filter. Is yours OEM or aftermarket? The aftermarket ones are hit and miss to as if they will fit right.

Your correct, I looked that handle up on a 54 IPL and it is right, but it is missing the brace on it and thats why it didnt look right to me.

Calvin, where were you a few months ago when I posted that I was looking for a 361 air filter? I had to get one from Ray!

Your right the seller on that ebay auction has the wrong part # listed but that is a 3400/3700 air filter. Is yours OEM or aftermarket? The aftermarket ones are hit and miss to as if they will fit right.

Your correct, I looked that handle up on a 54 IPL and it is right, but it is missing the brace on it and thats why it didnt look right to me.

Cause i just found that filter actually i have oem filters

Lawrence (Petesoldsaws) has a great Pioneer thread, and I hope to start a Poulan thread. I think there's enough of us out here who enjoy these fine specimens. So lets start a Poulan thread!!! To get things rolling, I want to talk about the 8500 countervibe. The long and the short of it is I want one. Never seen one (outside the 1986 catalogue I have), don't know who has one, or even run one. Gregg, Mark,Mike and Bob, lets get the ball rolling. (Lawrence and Jerry, we want your input too) Old Poulan owners UNITE!!!!

I got to thinking this morning about how well the Poulan Lovers Group has done, and Thank You big time again Mike, for starting that!:clap:

I also noticed that it was only in May of last year that Nik, (FATGUY) started this Poulan Thread. Close to 42,000 views, and 2000 replies!
That ain't to shabby either.:)
Lot of folks finding and sharing good info on the Poulans, of all ages. I know I sure learned alot!

So I just wanted to say thanks to both of you guys for gettin the ball rolling on both !!!:clap:

:cheers:
Gregg,

Back