Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sefh3

sefh3

Addicted to ArboristSite
Calvin,
I sent you a PM did you get it? It is about seals for a 306A. Let me know. I need these. Now I know why the thing seized.

Mark,
Got a set of rings but not sure about the piston... I'll keep ya posted.

Andyshine77
Steve is right on the money! :)
I used to run 32:1 in my older Poulans. But I got a New 385xp and ran 50:1 in that. I use it ocasionally for milling also. So I thought this is crazy, all differen't mixes, so I went to the same mix for ALL my saws now. I use premium gas & Woodland Pro Synthetic at 40:1 . All run great on that mix!
From old to new. Makes life a whole lot simpler too..

:cheers:
Gregg,

I ran different ratios for a while, but it was a bit of a headache, I now just run 32:1 in everything without any issues.

Modifiedmark
004.jpg

003.jpg

That don't look like a handle from any Poulan that I can think of off hand.

sefh3

sefh3

Addicted to ArboristSite
So on these newer Poulans they are made basically at the same spot as a craftman and a husky home owner. Right? If so what models are interchangeable from a poulan to a husky?

Let say I have a Husky 350 what parts from a Poulan interchange?

lawnmowertech37

lawnmowertech37

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mark i called up ray and he told me his list shows that handle so its actually a poulan full wrap just got to do some homework to see what model it fits

I also found out ray does not have any which is good news so once i find what model this fits that will help alot

Scott im going to be going soon to see if i can locate them seals and other parts for you and i will look again for Bobs parts again may of overlooked them
the other day

lawnmowertech37

lawnmowertech37

Addicted to ArboristSite
That Handle looked to me like a 6000 handle.
That's all I can think of that would fit in there.

Mike

Mike i did some looking in my poulan book fits a model 54 now that is a oldie list it as a Full wrap standard bar these people here need to reread there info on this

http://cgi.ebay.com/POULAN-3400-AIR...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20aad36a10

2586 is surely not a 3400 air filter it is the 361 air filter besides i have a air filter 2586 for the 361 and i also carry the air filters for the 3400 at $ 5.99 each so that is cheaper than the link above

Last edited:
Modifiedmark
Mike i did some looking in my poulan book fits a model 54 now that is a oldie list it as a Full wrap standard bar these people here need to reread there info on this

http://cgi.ebay.com/POULAN-3400-AIR...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20aad36a10

2586 is surely not a 3400 air filter it is the 361 air filter besides i have a air filter 2586 for the 361 and i also carry the air filters for the 3400 at $ 5.99 each so that is cheaper than the link above

Calvin, where were you a few months ago when I posted that I was looking for a 361 air filter? I had to get one from Ray!

Your right the seller on that ebay auction has the wrong part # listed but that is a 3400/3700 air filter. Is yours OEM or aftermarket? The aftermarket ones are hit and miss to as if they will fit right.

Your correct, I looked that handle up on a 54 IPL and it is right, but it is missing the brace on it and thats why it didnt look right to me.

lawnmowertech37

lawnmowertech37

Addicted to ArboristSite
Calvin, where were you a few months ago when I posted that I was looking for a 361 air filter? I had to get one from Ray!

Your right the seller on that ebay auction has the wrong part # listed but that is a 3400/3700 air filter. Is yours OEM or aftermarket? The aftermarket ones are hit and miss to as if they will fit right.

Your correct, I looked that handle up on a 54 IPL and it is right, but it is missing the brace on it and thats why it didnt look right to me.

Cause i just found that filter actually i have oem filters

OhioGregg

OhioGregg

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Lawrence (Petesoldsaws) has a great Pioneer thread, and I hope to start a Poulan thread. I think there's enough of us out here who enjoy these fine specimens. So lets start a Poulan thread!!! To get things rolling, I want to talk about the 8500 countervibe. The long and the short of it is I want one. Never seen one (outside the 1986 catalogue I have), don't know who has one, or even run one. Gregg, Mark,Mike and Bob, lets get the ball rolling. (Lawrence and Jerry, we want your input too) Old Poulan owners UNITE!!!!

I got to thinking this morning about how well the Poulan Lovers Group has done, and Thank You big time again Mike, for starting that!:clap:

I also noticed that it was only in May of last year that Nik, (FATGUY) started this Poulan Thread. Close to 42,000 views, and 2000 replies!
That ain't to shabby either.:)
Lot of folks finding and sharing good info on the Poulans, of all ages. I know I sure learned alot!

So I just wanted to say thanks to both of you guys for gettin the ball rolling on both !!!:clap:

:cheers:
Gregg,