Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cut down a set of 7700 rings or any thin ring that is a little bigger

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Thanks. That's the plan. Finding 7700 rings is the hiccup. Set on eBay but guy hasn't responded to email. I don't use PayPal. Want to pay with usps money order. Anyone wanna PayPal it for me with speedy reimbursement?

My experience with my 4000 is a 20". Cuts like a champ on a full comp. loop of LGX.

Perhaps worth mentioning again that the 3400-4000's really benefit from a fresh oil pump diaphragm. I was puttering around with a 3400 today. The nitrile retrofits really sling the oil. Seemingly better as they "wear" in a bit. I typically run heavyweight, and the pump manages to lay nice heavy tracks of oil where I point it.

My experience with my 4000 is a 20". Cuts like a champ on a full comp. loop of LGX.

Perhaps worth mentioning again that the 3400-4000's really benefit from a fresh oil pump diaphragm. I was puttering around with a 3400 today. The nitrile retrofits really sling the oil. Seemingly better as they "wear" in a bit. I typically run heavyweight, and the pump manages to lay nice heavy tracks of oil where I point it.

What are these nitrile retrofits and where are you getting them from.
Thanks.

Got this video yesterday from my friend Kevin, who cuts a lot with me. Was taken last fall, while taking down some Ash trees along the north edge of woodlot, dropping most in neighbors field. He shot it on his cell phone, so its not the greatest quality. I was using my 4200, with 24" bar. The tree was Ash 30+". Was in a rough spot, old wire fence grown into it, massive root structures to stumble over, and host of other small trees etc. growing around it, and no room to run. LOL
Made for a difficult drop, at least for a old geezer like me. Already notched it when he started filming it. The video doesn't do justice to the thump" that tree made when hitting the ground. Was a super heavy tree.

Gregg,

Got this video yesterday from my friend Kevin, who cuts a lot with me. Was taken last fall, while taking down some Ash trees along the north edge of woodlot, dropping most in neighbors field. He shot it on his cell phone, so its not the greatest quality. I was using my 4200, with 24" bar. The tree was Ash 30+". Was in a rough spot, old wire fence grown into it, massive root structures to stumble over, and host of other small trees etc. growing around it, and no room to run. LOL
Made for a difficult drop, at least for a old geezer like me. Already notched it when he started filming it. The video doesn't do justice to the thump" that tree made when hitting the ground. Was a super heavy tree.

Gregg,

Ok is it just me or you look very nervous cutting that tree down. The notch looks a little small and you should always stay cutting until you know the tree is on its way down. I have watched the tree spin on folks before when they did that.

Ok is it just me or you look very nervous cutting that tree down. The notch looks a little small and you should always stay cutting until you know the tree is on its way down. I have watched the tree spin on folks before when they did that.

Probably looks that way. Not nervous, only time I'm nervous is if there is something important I could destroy! Like a house, power line, vehicle etc. ;)
There wasn't any doubt where this one was going...just hard to get at, and not much maneuvering room, or good footing. It is deceiving the views you get through the phone camera. Notch was bigger than it appears, plus its the back side of it. There wasn't much room behind us either...was tight spot.
I think I took 7 trees down that day, that being the biggest. Some of them I used a wedge. And a lighter saw, Super 380..lol Its amazing how heavy a 4200 can get at chest height, for an old man.. I was tired at the end of that day...

Gregg,

Stocked up on Poulan Synthetic 2 stroke 1 gal bottles of mix.

After talking with locals over time I have learned most only mix 1gal or 2gal at a time.

Also I have to retune another saw coming back from me tuning on my KL-200 Klotz 100% Synthetic at 32:1. Then them mixing up Dino oil 50:1 and running it in their saw. Now saw wont idle and is to rich.
This is only the 2nd or 3rd time it has happened over the years.

But now I will mix a gal of this 40:1 Poulan Synthetic to tune other folks EQ too. Plus have on hand to sell them so they are not going to 50:1.

Notice in small letters bottom left 2nd pic Husqvarna Product Inc.

poulanoil 002.JPG poulanoil 003.JPG

Well, my PP 375 finally showed but without the bar. Sent a note to the seller but no response as yet. Saw is in okay shape with a little scoring on the piston and cylinder. Think I can clean it up. Was a lot of lateral play so I split crankcase and reset the bearings. Also noticed the thrust washers were worn so I replaced them. Has the 4000 air filter cover and muffler. Still have to put case halves so together and install new rings and seals.

Well, my PP 375 finally showed but without the bar. Sent a note to the seller but no response as yet. Saw is in okay shape with a little scoring on the piston and cylinder. Think I can clean it up. Was a lot of lateral play so I split crankcase and reset the bearings. Also noticed the thrust washers were worn so I replaced them. Has the 4000 air filter cover and muffler. Still have to put case halves so together and install new rings and seals.

Just out of curiosity Bob. What carb came on your 375? Most it seems, as with mine, have the Zama. A few came with the Walbro.

Gregg,

I'm sure I have a good thin ring 3700 top end if yours is scored too bad.
Same one, isn't it?

Latest posts

Back