Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3000 FPS

3000 FPS

Dirt Roads are fine by me.
. AS Supporting Member.
Yep this is my 3500 I did some work on. I did not make the conversion over to the bigger carb and intake when I first built the saw, that came later.
So far I have lowered the cylinder, opened the ports, advanced the timing, did the muffler mod, and then I did the larger carb and intake. Good running 60cc saw.

I bought this saw off of ebay years ago now and when I got it the clutch was welded into one piece. Pretty crazy.

010.JPG

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yep this is my 3500 I did some work on. I did not make the conversion over to the bigger carb and intake when I first built the saw, that came later.
So far I have lowered the cylinder, opened the ports, advanced the timing, did the muffler mod, and then I did the larger carb and intake. Good running 60cc saw.

I bought this saw off of ebay years ago now and when I got it the clutch was welded into one piece. Pretty crazy.

View attachment 625224
NIce exhaust. Loud? OK I give, what carb and intake did you go to.?

3000 FPS

3000 FPS

Dirt Roads are fine by me.
. AS Supporting Member.
NIce exhaust. Loud? OK I give, what carb and intake did you go to.?

Like JJ said the larger carb and intake from the saws he mentioned. I had a doner Poulan 330 that I used the carb and intake from.

The Poulan 365 and 3500 use a HDA 49 IIRC
and the 330,3750,super380 and 3450 type III use the HDA 137 and one other carb I do not remember right now.

The noise level from the exhaust is not that bad. I still have the spark arrester in it.

Acornhill

Acornhill

enough said
While you guys are talking 365/3500 saws maybe you can help me trouble shoot mine. It's a PP365 that will not cut straight no matter what I try which includes trying different bars and chains. It curves to the left in the cut and I can't get it to straighten out.

Broken mounts is all I can think of if changing bars does not help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95custmz

95custmz

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
While you guys are talking 365/3500 saws maybe you can help me trouble shoot mine. It's a PP365 that will not cut straight no matter what I try which includes trying different bars and chains. It curves to the left in the cut and I can't get it to straighten out.

Are you using new chains or re-sharpened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk