Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro 2t sniffer

Jethro 2t sniffer

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
What’s the going rate for a running/useable Poulan 5200 these days? Not much of a Poulan guy but I have a thing for full wrap handlebar and 80cc+ saws. There’s one here local for $90
Worth it? View attachment 793466

Quick go go run run now go man quickly hurry hurry

Jethro 2t sniffer

Jethro 2t sniffer

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
It’s about an 1.5 hour drive one way to get it. I’m going to contact the seller and see if it’s still available. Prob offer $70 lol!

200 be a mint deal still. 1 of the greatest ever just like that 850 of yours. Ride a bicycle if you have to I would lol

Screwbolts

Screwbolts

Never to many Engines!!
20200130_192645.jpg Dug into the 3400 that the auto oil didn't work on. I should have taken a photo when I removed the plate. Not a sign of any foam , but level full of oily sawdust. There was even sawdust in with the plunger. The diaphragm looked good. The plunger was stuck from setting so long , or from debris in dirty used engine oil. (Any used engine oil I add to my diesel fuel I run threw my centrifuge that I clean used cooking oil with. And I use all my used oil for fuel, most none rail Cummins allow 10% used oil in the fuel.)

When I removed the plate screws I broke them free of the green paint. It had never been apart before.

How does the foam look ? I have a thin piece under the manual wire on the top piece you see. There are pieces over both the vent holes of the plunger chamber. I thinks this is what I have read that you guys do to keep sawdust at bay.

Screwbolts

Screwbolts

Never to many Engines!!
Just ran the 3400 that I cleaned the oil pump on. It now auto oils like a champ! Lots

These are really very simple easy to work on saws.

Quote of Todd
"Doing good, some of them are not very clean, I had a 4000 that I found a beaver living in there had to destroy his home and felt bad for about a minute. True story"

I completely and Faithfully believe you, Mr Todd. Lol

Ken