No BS assesment is a MS362 any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepwoodbigbear

Just get me close
Reaction score
I thought I was trading up to a nice MS362, but after reading some posts around here, I have to ask.

Are there serious problems with the MS362?

Is it as good as the older MS361? Is the power better or worse?

I know it's a pro saw but I already own a 039 which is similar, Not sure what to do.

Where is @MustangMike? It has better filtration, better AV and more power than the 039. Don't listen to the bashers on here. If you're looking for a lot more power though you should look start 461.

Well the deal is I'm trading a perfect Jonsered CS2255 and some cash for a very good condition MS362. I thought the MS362 would be a lot more power than any of my current tools. Then I started reading up about the many problems and air leaks, so maybe I will not want the MS362.

That's why I'm looking for some No BS assessments.

I've used a whole range of saws from 028s to 660 and 661. I have these, ported 046 and a 362cm and reg. 362 (thanks Joe ) Both 362s are excellent lightweight strong runners. If you had just one saw, that's it.

LoveStihlQuality

If a MS461 was on the trading block for the Jonsered I would take it, but what is being offered is the MS362, so I would like to keep it limited to the MS362.

I did run it and it runs and cuts like a dream to me. I just don't want a bunch of headaches down the road, stuff people have been there before me and know about the problems and can say look out, you will regret it.

Sounds to me like a bunch of Stihl hater BS so I am doing the trade, I think I will be happy with it.

Now it's beer 30 somewhere.... Beer assistant help me out here. OUT

Its definitely never going to win any awards from me. And no it's not a ms361...

Its definitely never going to win any awards from me. And no it's not a ms361...
I have both. If one can lay their mitts on a nice 361 that's the saw if you want a Stihl in that cc range.

Most folks just need a reliable firewood saw & that's it.
The 362 can do that easily

I have a 362c with a 24in sugi hara its my light weight go to saw. Never had any problems with it

I just turned 2 years on my MS-362 CM. Out of my three saws (Husky 350, MS 440 Magnum) it is my go to saw. It's been a great saw for me.

Back