no "Jonsered" on bars...!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddBomber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went to dealer today to grab last minute gift for my father. Looking for 20" Jonsered bar. Seeing as my father is a super JRed fanboy, I was looking to replace his beat Windsor ST. Dealer had racks of JRed bars, but none say "Jonsered" on them. Why? All the new saws have JRed printed on bars, but not on replacements... Can't figure that out, great advertising for cheap $$, nut they don't do it. Husky bars say Husqvarna, Stihl bars say Stihl, Dolmer... Redmax... Echo. What gives?!?

The "Jonsered" provided replacement bars usually say Jonsered on them, regardless who made them - but of course any dealer can choose to stock bars that are otherwise labelled in addition or instead....

Thanks SawTroll.. I was hoping that was the case. Wasn't my usual dealer, but this one has large showroom... usual dealer is tiny, only one saw on display (2253)... I'll have to order one, and specify that I want a printed one.

Also, I forgot to look, but what/which companies produce them. Original was Sandvik/Windsor. 20" saws are 2171 & 2065
I'm thinking Windsor got bought out, as I can't find them anymore.

Also, I forgot to look, but what/which companies produce them. Original was Sandvik/Windsor. 20" saws are 2171 & 2065
I'm thinking Windsor got bought out, as I can't find them anymore.

The Jonsered branded bars that are sold here are usually either Husky or Oregon made. It has been different in the US though, as Tilton was in the picture, while they was the distributer. The nicest ones likely were the Jonsered branded Total bars, that was made by Tsumura.....

Windsor was bought up by Blount, that have owned Oregon for decades, and also bought Carlton.

Complicated? You can bet it is, as there more to it as well, but I don't know everything.....:crazy::lol:

Think I get it. Whew, it does get confusing. I'm gonna pm Watsonr to see if he has part number for the Total (Tsumara) made Total Pro Series.

I wanted to get a 24" bar for my 372xp recently. I was in Tractor Supply and the had a Jonsered 24" bar with chain for the big JRed they sell (70cc) and it had no writing on the bar. I ended up ordering a 24" Oregon Powermatch and 2 chains from Bailey's for less money than the Tractor Supply bar & chain.

I wanted to get a 24" bar for my 372xp recently. I was in Tractor Supply and the had a Jonsered 24" bar with chain for the big JRed they sell (70cc) and it had no writing on the bar. I ended up ordering a 24" Oregon Powermatch and 2 chains from Bailey's for less money than the Tractor Supply bar & chain.
Yup, same here. Went to TS before I went to "big" dealer... where I noticed the same thing.... 24" for $116. Dealer had exact b/c for $78.

Yup, same here. Went to TS before I went to "big" dealer... where I noticed the same thing.... 24" for $116. Dealer had exact b/c for $78.

One possiblility is of course that one or more of the new ditributers also are providing bars from a different sourse than Jonsered - but it still is odd that there are no brand name at all on them.

Likely, it is not a good sign, regarding the quality of those bars? Pictures would be interesting.....:popcorn2:

I noticed the same thing at TSC, all the Jonsered bars on the shelf were plain grey, no name, the prices were also very high. I also noticed the 2172 are no longer offered online.

Jonny's were on sale at TSC around black Friday for a decent deal. I think they're getting rid of them all together, but I'm not sure.

The local TSC has them marked down 10%, which is about the same price you can buy them at several local dealers, however the local dealers include the better total bars.

Back