No more Amick's as an AS sponor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Urbicide

Urbicide

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Just noticed today that Amick's is no longer an AS sponsor. I went to put up a link for a TinyTach2 or a member and came to the realization that the Amick's link itself was gone. I guess that they were not generating the revenue that they were expecting. The Dolmar fiasco played a part in that. I want to thank Tony for his sponsorship here and hope that Amick's can successfully weather the economic downturn we are currently in.

Vince

Last edited:
Urbicide

Urbicide

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
What Dolmar fiasco played a part in it?

In a nut shell, Amick's was hoping to be able to mail order Dolmar saws. Dolmar's biggest problem seems to be a lack of a good dealership network. Therefore, Amick's was hoping to reach prospective buyers in areas without a dealer presence. It was kind of a gray area when another dealer here filed a complaint with Dolmar. Dolmar threatened to pull the account, and that ended that.

trimmmed

trimmmed

B?rgermeister
In a nut shell, Amick's was hoping to be able to mail order Dolmar saws. Dolmar's biggest problem seems to be a lack of a good dealership network. Therefore, Amick's was hoping to reach prospective buyers in areas without a dealer presence. It was kind of a gray area when another dealer here filed a complaint with Dolmar. Dolmar threatened to pull the account, and that ended that.

He also got the short end on Husky cracking back on internet sales. Good guy and a good sponsor, he will be missed and I wish him the best.

I would also like to say thank you for the time he did sponsor.

atvdave

atvdave

ArboristSite Operative
Well.. The only reason I know about them is through AS. I have ordered stuff from the because of the AS sponsorship. But I can understand when times get tough, and not enough revenue comes in from sponsor links. I will always keep them in mind though.

Hope the will be back as a sponsor soon.

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
Looking on Amick's site they still list Dolmar saws. Sad to hear that they were 'turned in' by another Dolmar dealer. Typical though. Dolmar has such a shyty dealer network in many places, they are doomed to failure (again) in the US. Good saws, but crap distributors (at least here in the west) and a joke for parts and dealer support in the PNW.

Amicks is a good palce to do business with though. I wish them the best. Hell, I wish us all the best after today's inaguration. *sigh* The future is just not as bright as it used to be.

Latest posts