No more husky 372!Now what?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon72

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Actually, I know what,and I don't like it.Heres my history,I've used 371/372's since they came out.I've gone threw 17 of these but,I liked them.I bought a 585xp with the emissions crap for almost 200 hundred more.It weighs 2pds. more and has less power than the 372.It went 3 months and the crank bearing let go.Igot it fixed and didn't use it much for a while.Recently I started using it steady and it blew up again.Same deal crank bearing and took everything with it.It's a month out of warranty Husky won't fix it.These new saws are JUNK!!
My question is what is proven and comparable to the old 372?Does Jonsered still make their version of the 372?
Thanks,
Jon

I do believe the 2171 is still readily available from jonsered. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Welcome to AS, I think you can still get the Jonsey version, but I would contact Baileys first, last I knew they still had some 372's, be worth an e-mail and they are a site sponser as well.
Good luck,
Andy

jon72 said:
Actually, I know what,and I don't like it.Heres my history,I've used 371/372's since they came out.I've gone threw 17 of these but,I liked them.I bought a 585xp with the emissions crap for almost 200 hundred more.It weighs 2pds. more and has less power than the 372.It went 3 months and the crank bearing let go.Igot it fixed and didn't use it much for a while.Recently I started using it steady and it blew up again.Same deal crank bearing and took everything with it.It's a month out of warranty Husky won't fix it.These new saws are JUNK!!
My question is what is proven and comparable to the old 372?Does Jonsered still make their version of the 372?
Thanks,
Jon

Only a month out of warranty, hmmm. You need a dealer that will make some calls on your behalf. If I was to call my man and tell them you have used 17 371/372's over the years and liked them he would say fix that 575 and send us the bill. Sometime its not the company that won't stand behind the product its the dealer not wanting to step in on your behalf and make the right calls for you. Instead of getting mad get the Husky number and call yourself and, in a nice tone, state what the deal is and how many saws you have used wearing their name over the years. You might get a nice surprise in return. I'm betting your saw will get fixed under warranty. Someone recently posted that the 575 did have some lower end problems so you may well be in luck if your saw was among those......

Why did husky do it. If one of their people could pull their head out, and listen to the people who use their saws they would have realized what a mistake they are making. What were they thinking? Were the engineers trying to justify their jobs? Why do companies these days try to make new and improved make new junk.

Thanks,
Jon
:notrolls2:

Bailey's has the 372XP available with the full wrap handle only. It is priced at $579.95 for the power head only. If you want a half wrap handlebar they have the replacement bar for $14.95 .

The 372XP has not gone away entirely. They will only bring in so many a year in a deal Husky made with the EPA. Half wrap handled 372's will be available again next year but in limited quantities. Get ahold of Gregg Grande when he is back from vacation as he can enlighten you about this.

bwalker said:
372's will also be available in canada for sometime. Since the original poster is in Maine why not just drive across the border and purchase one?
I was aware of that.But,wasn't sure how the warranty would work and how my local saw shop would take it.Maybe my local dealer could smuggle a few across for me.:D I'll look into it.
Thanks

computeruser said:
Jonsered still does, the 2171. For similar weight with more power, consider a Dolmar 7900.

Welcome to Arboristsite!
Thanks!I have tried a Dolmar.They seem to run good.But not very rugged.Just my opinion.Thanks

jon72 said:
That was quick!I would try a Stihl in a heartbeat if we had a descent dealer around here.

Seems to be a common problem with that orange and white brand - at least a lot of folks speak up about it! I can only think of a few folks (on this site) that actually praise their orange and white brand dealers! Maybe we just hear about it more because they are the most popular brand of saw = more dealers total = more bad experiences. Who knows? With the internet, parts availability is pretty good - so no matter what brand of saw you run, if you can work on it yourself, you can buy from anyone that you like, and just have them shipped to your door! Cheaper than gas to your dealer to pick them up!

Mine seems to be pretty good for being Ace Hardware... I took my husky to the shop and asked them to check/adjust the high setting for me with their tach and they did... no charge.

Ian

Four Paws said:
Seems to be a common problem with that orange and white brand - at least a lot of folks speak up about it! I can only think of a few folks (on this site) that actually praise their orange and white brand dealers! Maybe we just hear about it more because they are the most popular brand of saw = more dealers total = more bad experiences. Who knows? With the internet, parts availability is pretty good - so no matter what brand of saw you run, if you can work on it yourself, you can buy from anyone that you like, and just have them shipped to your door! Cheaper than gas to your dealer to pick them up!
It is the way of the future but What about warranty repairs.I allways get the first rebuild for free.I don't think we could convince the brand names to send us warranty parts.

Back