No More ONLINE/INTERNET ECHO sales

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttinscott

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Latest news is they have new contracts for the dealers to sign in agreement to NOT SELL ECHO products Mail Order, Online or Internet Sales!!! So who's left for internet, mail order, or online stores???????

My Opinion its due to too many lawyers and the lawsuits they seek. "Were you bitten or injured by your mailorder chain saw???? lets sue the manufacture and we can both get rich...."

Scott

So who's left besides Efco, Makita, & Tanaka?

No online sales for:
Stihl
Shindaiwa
Redmax
Dolmar
Jonsered
Husqvarna (except for the boxstore models)
Echo

Awwwww man! :censored: I was just going to grab one of those camouflage top handles...

...and now back to reality.

I think this is stupid, maybe not for Stihl because if it's dealer base but for some of the others that suck for quanity and quality of dealers. It's discouraging to say the least:censored: Seems as though they would want internet sales, who knows:dizzy:

Go figger..

With today's economy, I would be moving product via any means I had available..
Even as a dealer.. If that was my main means of selling product and they took it away? Who cares?
I would sell 100 by mail or none by walk in..It would make little difference to a dealer anyhow..

It might not be the lawyers.. it may be their big customers - Home Depot etc getting pissed at Echo for allowing it. Like HD is any saint...

With today's economy, I would be moving product via any means I had available..
Even as a dealer.. If that was my main means of selling product and they took it away? Who cares?
I would sell 100 by mail or none by walk in..It would make little difference to a dealer anyhow..

You'd think so. Yet we're now limited to 2nd and 3rd rate power equipment being the only stuff available online. What gives?

I don't want to take the time out of my day to drive to some damned shop that may or may not have what I want, when I should be able to order it from my desk at work (on paid time) and in a couple days have it waiting on my porch when I get home.

I would prefer to support my local dealer, I would like to do so by online/mail order. I do not care to rearrange my schedule to drive out of my way to a store to buy a product, whether it is a part, a saw, a bar, or whatever. Yet this is exactly what these OPE brands are doing now. Thanks.

It might not be the lawyers.. it may be their big customers - Home Depot etc getting pissed at Echo for allowing it. Like HD is any saint...

people seem to buy equipment from these box stores but who gets the blaim for the units breaking down

who does the service work on these items

if the dealers went on strike and not accept warranty work that units are purchased from these box stores then maybe the manufactures would realize those box stores dont deserve to sell ope equipment if they do not know how to service them they have no reason to sell them

Last edited:
go figgure...fits in well with th "It's Begun" thread....

Lakeside:...I must be nuts!...did a muff mod on my Craftsman mini-tiller (Mantis clone) last eve...ran like a crooked politician!! You're a baaaad influence my son!

That's what we believe also. Depot dominates their sales now. Our local Echo distributor has over 40,000 trimmers in their warehouse just for Depot (West Coast) this spring. Those kind of numbers carry a lot of weight.

Back