No More ONLINE/INTERNET ECHO sales

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
people seem to buy equipment from these box stores but who gets the blaim for the units breaking down

who does the service work on these items

if the dealers went on strike and not accept warranty work that units are purchased from these box stores then maybe the manufactures would realize those box stores dont deserve to sell ope equipment if they do not know how to service them they have no reason to sell them

that is how i look at these things when people call me to order homelite ranger parts i tell them go back to home cheapo they can get the parts for them

If you buy from a big box store, tractor supply,orscheln or whatever, if you have a problem with a saw during the waranty period,they send it to their closest dealer to be repaired. That sounds like it could take forever to get anything done.

It might not be the lawyers.. it may be their big customers - Home Depot etc getting pissed at Echo for allowing it. Like HD is any saint...

My guess would be the dealers raising cain about internet sales, could you imagine trying to sell a saw for 650 localy and the customer says he can buy the same saw on the internet for 425? i've seen that much of a difference in price.

people seem to buy equipment from these box stores but who gets the blaim for the units breaking down

who does the service work on these items

if the dealers went on strike and not accept warranty work that units are purchased from these box stores then maybe the manufactures would realize those box stores dont deserve to sell ope equipment if they do not know how to service them they have no reason to sell them

that is how i look at these things when people call me to order homelite ranger parts i tell them go back to home cheapo they can get the parts for them

Who pays/compensates the dealer for warranty work? I'm guessing the manufacture. Is the pay/compensation any less because where the saw was purchased? Or does the dealer have to do things w/o pay on some warranty items?

Maybe I'll be saying the obvious here..... my thoughts about no sales on the internet is to get the customer into the dealer to support the dealers....

when people call me to order homelite ranger parts i tell them go back to home cheapo they can get the parts for them

IMO this will just turn people off. Isn't this another way to sell another part? Maybe if they like your service they'll be a repeat customer. Maybe the next time in the store it will be for a larger item....

Just thinking out loud.

Dan

Dose this include parts? I like doing my own ordering it is tough to find good dealer around me. Online sales were nice no sales tax and free shipping

With HD selling 57-60% of Echo's total volume they can get away with it. However, most of the time this volume from major resellers do dictate prices to the manufacturer and as the manufacturer tries to keep that business, the product quality decreases. Of course this is only my opinion.

Sorry to derail but I have changed the GTG date to 4-18, if it matters. Looks like we will have a good crowd....

This is similar to how Wal-mart works. They tell you what to produce and how much it should cost. If you don't like it, hit the road. Rubbermaid tried to challenge them, they got a number of products dropped and then got bought out. Echo has so much riding on HD sales, that if they don't do as HD says; they will lose a huge sales percentage in short order. Which will spell doom to profit and survival.

Sorry to derail but I have changed the GTG date to 4-18, if it matters. Looks like we will have a good crowd....

Good Deal, I'll have some New Toys for you guys to Try out. I'll post in the GTG thread when I have more info. Thanks Guys.

i wish i can get these echo parts sold i have on my store i am lowering the price to about $ 1.00 - 3.00 per item
yes i can do that i control the inventory and once its sold its gone off my inventory list

so that is going to 90% off most parts are like $ 0.26 cents to 3.00 for example a top handle bar is reduced down to $ 2.90

when it did have a $29.00 price tag on it

echo clutch sprockets people can buy them for $ 2.70 so you echo guys take this to note do some looking at that echo catalog i have on my store help me out thank you
calvin

Latest posts

Back