Norwegian Book: Solid Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this book now. If anyone wants to read it when I'm done, I'll send it to you provided you promise to return it when you are through.

I tried stacking in a circle....once.

it ended up looking like a mess.

I have a couple customers that stack all the wood I bring them in Holz Haussens (spelled right?). Pretty neat.

There is a lot to be said about taking the time to split your wood uniformly. Quick story, my dad who is in his mid 50s grew up in the neighborhood of an old timer that split his wood all the same size and square! Dad having to help cut hundreds of cords a year with his family never understood why this guy did it. So years later my dad and I were at a tavern with this old timer, so we both ask the question, elmo why do you cut your wood like that? His reply was that's the way his dad taught him, it stacks nicer, and burns longer in your stove. I found that very interesting and the more I thought about it, it makes total sense. His pile of wood lasted way longer then most peoples!

I just finished this book last night and it was a pretty informative read. A lot of the things I knew but when they are all summed up in one place it makes so much more sense.

If anyone wants to read it, I would be happy to mail my copy to you, provided that you agree to mail it back or to the next person who wants it.

Latest posts

Back