NOS never gassed Poulan 655BP........ My Holy Grail

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that's a beautiful saw!!!

IMG_7228.jpg

This is the thread that forced me to find a 655. Then another, then a box of parts, then 2 parts saws from a member here, then a boatload of small parts from a sponsor, then replacement parts when said sponsor back ordered the parts, then receiving the original parts order 4 months later. So I guess if CAD presents itself as getting too many of 1 saw then this is where I got it.

awesome
Some of you known that I've had this saw for awhile now. When I got it, it wasn't 100% complete. It took me over 2 years to locate the NOS stuff I needed to complete it. Believe it of not, the last thing was the bar. Thanks to the member I got it from and a couple members that had NOS pieces I needed. It was well worth the wait. Everybody has their opinion on Holy Grail saws..... this is mine. Never gassed, 100% NOS. :rock:

IMG_7228.jpg

IMG_7229.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7232.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

More pics to come.
awesome! congrats

Thanks! I'm glad you guys enjoy it. It's still my #1 favorite.
I was able to finally find a P65 not too long after this thread thanks to highly recommended site sponsor Chris (aka Duke) Thieroff.
The P65 is the identical saw minus the BP. When the buy-out happened, they just changed decals is all. It took me many years to find a P65.
This P65 is my 2nd favorite.

IMG_8304.jpg

IMG_8298.jpg

Thanks! I'm glad you guys enjoy it. It's still my #1 favorite.
I was able to finally find a P65 not too long after this thread thanks to highly recommended site sponsor Chris (aka Duke) Thieroff.
The P65 is the identical saw minus the BP. When the buy-out happened, they just changed decals is all. It took me many years to find a P65.
This P65 is my 2nd favorite.

IMG_8304.jpg

IMG_8298.jpg
Ed,

As odd as it may seem, I happened to innocently stumble upon my P-65. A fellow had run an ad on CL for some bars back in VA shortly after I moved to KY. I called and spoke to him and he told me he had a PM 1000 he might sell in the future. Fast forward a year plus and he was still trying to peddle the bars so I called him back. Turns out it was a P-65, we struck a deal and he delivered it to my sister's house.

He had once owned a tree service but broke his back and couldn't work. He had some other collectible saws (i.e. Poulan 8500), but they were stolen before I contacted him.

Gary

[EDIT] Picture added.

655trio2_zps23fdfdbd.jpg

Ed,

As odd as it may seem, I happened to innocently stumble upon my P-65. A fellow had run an ad on CL for some bars back in VA shortly after I moved to KY. I called and spoke to him and he told me he had a PM 1000 he might sell in the future. Fast forward a year plus and he was still trying to peddle the bars so I called him back. Turns out it was a P-65, we struck a deal and he delivered it to my sister's house.

He had once owned a tree service but broke his back and couldn't work. He had some other collectible saws (i.e. Poulan 8500), but they were stolen before I contacted him.

Gary

[EDIT] Picture added.

655trio2_zps23fdfdbd.jpg

Nice lookin group Gary!! Hang on to the P65.... they don't come around often.

Latest posts

Back