Nosy neighbor...1.....Wood thieves...scared

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I knew someone was stealing my wood I would take a few pieces and drill some out and fill the holes with a little gun powder. Let them burn that, it will be the last time they would steal wood from my pile.
Unless compressed, I doubt the gun powder would much damage.

Unless compressed, I doubt the gun powder would much damage.

When I was a child, like 7 or something, me and my pal found a tin of variuos rifle cartrideges at his Granpas. We bashed them apart using big pliers held on the bullet and hit the case on the ground until they seperated. Then we made a pile of powder in the middle of the road, with a line of powder to it. We were expecting a big explosion, but nothing really happened. This was dissapointing to us, wtf were we thinking!:monkey:

Then we made a pile of powder in the middle of the road, with a line of powder to it. We were expecting a big explosion, but nothing really happened. This was dissapointing to us, wtf were we thinking!:monkey:

I used to reload shotgun shells for a relative the shot skeet in competitions. I took a bunch of old gunpowder and made a big pile and made a streak of gas to it as the fuse. Same thing, foof, and that was about it. No bang, no thrill. :confused:

You have to use real black powder and hope the wood doesn't get wet.

Modern gunpowder burns very quickly, but does not explode.

Mr. HE:cool:

You have to use real black powder and hope the wood doesn't get wet.

Modern gunpowder burns very quickly, but does not explode.

Mr. HE:cool:
Black powder still must be compressed to explode. If not you will just get a flash fire

If I knew someone was stealing my wood I would take a few pieces and drill some out and fill the holes with a little gun powder. Let them burn that, it will be the last time they would steal wood from my pile.

HaHA I like that one ! kinda like loadin a cigrette for the guy that always bums one! I woulda drove down there and busted every one of there kneecaps with a large stick! Letem limp a few weeks and think about it ! Nothing like a good piece of hickory!!!

wdchuck: Good job! Maybe post a sign that says "free, green Willow available at a local recycling center - ring the doorbell for info". :)

Edit: I've got a lot of rep to spread around but can't get you right now. :(

Shari

Thanks, but I am in your shadow.

Pretty much depends on the powder. I use 3 and 4 f. 2 blow trees apart so they will fit on the LT40 woodmizer. Its a lot of fun ! and it works very good . Dangerous YES!! Ilegall Probably. Tried powerdex not enough grunt cause you gotta pack that stuff real tight. Probably the safest of all the powders . That 4f you gotta be carefull with thats some powerfull stuff!! It dont take much to blow a 50" white oak in two!! I have also been known 2 use a little 2 much and have seen 4'x 20' logs jump 2' off the ground!! Then there is the det cord and blasting caps.. UMM i think i have said 2 much!! LOL:jawdrop:

Back