My new neighbors....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad i live in the sticks too. I have about 60 black angus and charolais cows for neighbors, theyre kinda nosey, but they dont tell my business, and dont try to carry off my belongings when im not looking lol. The little fellas trespass sometimes, but they dont bother anything.:msp_smile:

How can people be so stupid and not realize they piss off everybody...

Through the joys of the workplace, this subject has come up. It seems that multiple studies support "Emotional intelligence is defined as a person's self-awareness". In other words, if you are looking at a species (or a person in this case) and wondering if they are emotionally intelligent, you can measure said itelligence by measuring thier self-awareness, or ability to recognize themselves as an individual by noticing that thier personal actions have a reaction. Failure to recognize the reaction of their individual actions (as opposed to actions of the herd), fails the individual or species on the intelligence test.

I've yet to find a cure, but open to suggestions.

Through the joys of the workplace, this subject has come up. It seems that multiple studies support "Emotional intelligence is defined as a person's self-awareness". In other words, if you are looking at a species (or a person in this case) and wondering if they are emotionally intelligent, you can measure said itelligence by measuring thier self-awareness, or ability to recognize themselves as an individual by noticing that thier personal actions have a reaction. Failure to recognize the reaction of their individual actions (as opposed to actions of the herd), fails the individual or species on the intelligence test.

I've yet to find a cure, but open to suggestions.

There used to be a cure for this called natural selection.....40 foot jungle gym on a concrete slab taught you that if you're gonna climb to the top you better not let go. Now the Fed Govt steps in and it seem like "stupid" is a protected class of citizen. I say bring back things like dangerous playground equipment, lawn darts, etc. Thin the heard early and often. Danger might also help to teach a little personal responsibility.

My fiance and I just bought our first house at the beginning of this year. Big house, 4 acres in the country, with woods. We heard from the neighbors on both sides of us how long it's been since anyone has taken care of the place. We do our best to upgrade the exterior, like replacing the front porch, redoing the back deck, landscaping, etc...even with the limited budget we have. We still have a long ways to go, but we're getting married in our front yard in October. We are very proud of our home.

Reading threads like this makes me realize how fortunate I am to have the quality of neighbors I do. I try to fit the bill to them as well. After all, that's why I live in the country.

More often than not neighbors out in the country watch out for each other. I could never live in city again with close neighbors.

There used to be a cure for this called natural selection.....40 foot jungle gym on a concrete slab taught you that if you're gonna climb to the top you better not let go. Now the Fed Govt steps in and it seem like "stupid" is a protected class of citizen. I say bring back things like dangerous playground equipment, lawn darts, etc. Thin the heard early and often. Danger might also help to teach a little personal responsibility.

Be careful what you wish for.....

More often than not neighbors out in the country watch out for each other. I could never live in city again with close neighbors.

I agree with this statement. Our neighbors are always looking out for us, if they see a vehicle drive down our 1/4 mile lane they don't recognize they immediately call us; if the UPS man is scared to drive down in winter (which I don't blame him) and just leaves our package by the mailbox, they will pick it up for us. I also can't imagine living in a city again, although it would be nice to be able to walk to the bar, or the grocery store it cannot compare to complete silence we have all night and most of the day. If some lowlife did decide to drive down to our place in the middle of the night our dogs would hear them pull off the road!

Have to love country living!!

Man I sit here and read about all these bad neighbors and think how lucky I am. Not bragging or anything just glad I dont have to deal with crummy neighbors. I am surrounded by family and close friends on all sides. And we all help each other in any way we can. My father in law and brother in law both have tractors so those are shared by everyone. We have a track that everyone comes and rides on. (in use right now actually, all the nieces and nephews are out on the quads tearing it up!) Good friend that lives directly across the street is the "community carpenter". Etc, Etc........

RE: Stupid is, stupid.

You guys all share the same thought mostly.

Heap pity on me-

I live at the beach.

Stupidity,ego,tourism,temporary insanity,just plain rude,stupdity, compounded by a factor of 10 due to the limited spaces.

Its not so bad where I am that I have new neighbors every week for a week at a time, but going to the grocery store can be a cluster####. Something about being on vacation that makes people puff themselves up....

I have Rancho Varano just to get away from it even though I (we) surf as our #1 pursuit.

Latest posts

Back