Not sure what happened...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanmigmike

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Went in to see a 044 that had been on Craig's list, the guy was supposed to be home at 1230, I gave up at 1400 and went over to Beaverton to look at some saws another guy had for sale. Much to my delight and suprise a new looking (but not new, honest Honey!) 066 and 036 Pro followed me home. Anyone else have this type of problem and what can I do about it?

YOU ARE HOSED!!!!!! Welcome to the club:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
Andy

new saws

Make sure you have some sort of cover for the bed of the pickup,or put in trunk of the car.Go home hide your old saws.Put new saws in their place.Now every 3 days add a new saw.Things should just blend in.Now when you start the new saws and the lady hears a different sound,just say "I just gave it a tune up!"
Ed

sanmigmike, some collectors wives claim if they put itching powder in their husbands' shorts before they go wandering off unchaperoned to places where they might be exposed to chainsaws, it seems to cut down on the number of strange saws that show up back at the homestead..... others claim that it doesn't seem to work all the time and might even cause the poor fools to jump too quick into dubious deals and end up paying too much for the worthless pieces of junk they drag home....

Those of us who have no wives to harrass us about the saws just have to figure out how to cope with the CSC syndrome in our own way.....

Here's the best way to deal with all the clutter:

As soon as you learn that you have bought some new old saws.... again.....,
come back here to the forum immediately and send a PM to several members.... Me first, always!.... Tell us exactly what you've done and how many saws you need to get rid of to recover your composure from the shocking surprise at finding out you brought home yet another bunch of chainsaws, totally unawares that they were following you home..... and to assuage your guilty feelings about having fallen, yet once again, for the chronic temptation of allowing yet another bunch of saws to somehow follow you home.... Then tell each of us.... Me first, always.... that you will be shipping out, pre-paid, however number you need to get rid of to clear up some walking space in the bathroom and kitchen, then box 'em up good and ship 'em!!

That's the best way!!

The next best way is to go gather up your two oldest complete and running chainsaws, box 'em and weigh 'em and get shipping rates to my address for 'em, put shipping labels to my address on 'em.... post a For Sale post in the Trading Post forum, and when someone pays for 'em, go ship 'em out!!

Be firm...... No cure is yet known for your condition, but you can learn how to live with it.... and by following one of the above prescriptions, still lead a somewhat "normal" life....

:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Tried the 036 today....

Sweet, delightful. Busy on car work so I was only able to do a few cuts but so sweet and fast! 25" Windsor bar...cannot believe how smooth, fast and stable cutting. Nice! I'm a happy camper today!

Thanks for all the offers on keeping my wife happy by taking care of excess saws...but to be honest she was there and saw me hand over the cash. Even asked if those two would be enough and do the job...

Ever have your women ask "How many saws do you need?"

There's a hundred different answers to that. One of my favorites is "How many pairs of shoes do YOU need?"

spike60 said:
Ever have your women ask "How many saws do you need?"

There's a hundred different answers to that. One of my favorites is "How many pairs of shoes do YOU need?"
how familiar is this question? couch or garage?

if you got a wife that actually asks if the saws will be enough to do the job, you're in business! hang onto her like a truckload of gold.

It happened again!

We went by a farm supply place that was having a clearance sale. Had two Echo's a CS-360T and a CS-440. Never been run. A little while ago they had brought in a fresh cut tree trunk and cut some holes and had the saws sticking out on display. Cool eh?

Guess what happened to the bars and chains? Yes. The part of the chains that had been in the wood were rusted solid. The bars, don't look quite so bad. Anyway, a good bit less than half price for them.

The strange part...my wife was there and she was the one urging me to see if we could get the price down a bit more and get both of them...we did and then we went to the Portland Beer Festival...ah what a day.

A few years ago I had one saw and that was more than enough. Didn't know people collected them! Now I have six saws.... This isn't the place to find help with my problem is it?

But any good ideas on new bars and chains for my new babies??

Try Baileys or NWCS to start with.

No, this isn't the place to get help, sssshhhhhhh, don't tell the others:bang:
Andy

my wife actually asked me the other day "you need any new chainsaws for the mill?" My reply "of corse" "Do me a favor since your birthday is only a couple months away write down exactly what you want and an approximate price i should pay so when i buy it i won't get taken advantage of."

I of corse handed her a piece of paper for her wallet and a kiss for being the best wife ever.

Those are THE BEST wives ever that actually ask you if you want a new chainsaw. someone send a cute one like that my way.

Latest posts

Back