Now taking pre-orders on 044,046,066 full wraps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
I forgot to ask, do we use factory mounting hardware or will it require longer screws? Do you have a pic of the bottom?

The 046 and 66 don't need longer screws. . . You just swap the side mount screws for the bottom screws. The 044 has shorter screws all together I think?

Stihl #9074 478 4705 are P6 X 40's. . . We were thinking of just including those with the handle for the bottom mount. They are only available from our local dealer (so says Ribe in Germany, and Stihl as well) -- they're $1.95 a piece here. If we order 100 at a time, they'll give us a break of around 20%.

Our bottom mounts are around 28mm thick, and the side mounts are the same as stock. With the 40mm screws, that'd give ya 14mm to screw into the bottom.

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
The bottom piece is machined from a solid piece of aluminum. The coating on the production handles will also go to the edge of the bottom mount, and not be held back like the test handle shown here. We're thinking having the coating over the weld will add to the bars strength.

044-046fullwrap7-4-10004.jpg

SawGarage

SawGarage

Addicted to ArboristSite
Stihl #9074 478 4705 are P6 X 40's. . . We were thinking of just including those with the handle for the bottom mount. They are only available from our local dealer (so says Ribe in Germany, and Stihl as well) -- they're $1.95 a piece here. If we order 100 at a time, they'll give us a break of around 20%.

Our bottom mounts are around 28mm thick, and the side mounts are the same as stock. With the 40mm screws, that'd give ya 14mm to screw into the bottom.

Nate,

are you saying they measure 6mm x 40mm? what pitch?

I have a HUGE worldwide fastener dist near me...shall I see what they have to offer, or are we wanting to keep the torx head??

J

2000ssm6

2000ssm6

Stihl User
Really good looking bars! Love that coating.:clap: I think you will end up making some for the popular huskies and do a 3/4 wrap version also for both. I know that takes time and money. Not many loggers on this site though, word of mouth will help you more than here imo. I'll spread the word!:cheers:

btw, very nice 440!

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Nate,

are you saying they measure 6mm x 40mm? what pitch?

I have a HUGE worldwide fastener dist near me...shall I see what they have to offer, or are we wanting to keep the torx head??

J

All of Stihls screws are proprietary, and made by Ribe in Germany. They're a special pitch plastic screw for Stihl saws.

After many emails to Ribe (their Engrish sucked, and my German was about as good), and some emails to Stihl. . . We're stuck buying them from our dealer -- which is okay.

And yes, they're 6mm X 40mm, used on a lot of the 66 line of saws.

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Nate, thanks for the support.

yea, i may seem new to saws but i started into saws with an 028wb about 9 years ago. my dad gave it to me because it didnt run, problem is i like to tinker. about an hour later it was running.

thread is in the proper forum now nate, best of luck

And he comes thru with the assist AGAIN!! Rep sent your way Fred. :cheers:

Ya, let me know when you get some 372 ones stamped out.

I'll get on templating my 372. . . That way we got at least a couple Husky's to offer.

We are just starting too, so I envision a lot of models being templated in the near future.

mdavlee

mdavlee

Tree Freak
I think a 3/4 wrap for huskys would sell good. It would keep from clogging up with noodles as bad for the firewooders who noodle blocks so they can be handled.

Latest posts