Now that Blitz is gone, who makes a decent small gas can?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The former Blitz design was so unpopulat that they have changed the design again.

http://www.blitzusa.com/hande/g2.html

My Dad just got one of the new Blitz design cans. We hated it so much I just gave him one of my older plastic 2.5-gallon cans, and he's much happier. How many millions of dollars have gone into designing a "better" gas can over the years, and pissing off gazillions of folks who use gas cans? :monkey:

I'll look at the Jill video now and then, but won't buy any newfangled cans. :D

I have spent about the price of an Eagle can on the junk ones and replacement parts. I have one servicable plastic 2.5 gal left. Once that one quits I am buying eagle metal cans. Those look like they will last more than a few fillups before the springs break, the end snaps off, or the whole nozle comes off dumping a gal or better before it can be righted etc etc. The last time I put fuel in my boat I dumped about a gallon of fuel everywhere because the stupid thing broke off:sick:

These :poop:cans have to be designed by politicians. Supposed to prevent spills but do the exact opposite.

Supposed to prevent spills but do the exact opposite.
They are actually designed to auto close, not to prevent spills. Spills was (and still is) considered inconsequential. It wa the vapor loss due to vent caps being left open that was the concern. California and US EPA both. That's why all the new cans completely seal up when you set them down.

They are actually designed to auto close, not to prevent spills. Spills was (and still is) considered inconsequential. It wa the vapor loss due to vent caps being left open that was the concern. California and US EPA both. That's why all the new cans completely seal up when you set them down.

I'm not doubting you for a second, but COME ON!! Vapor loss??? Really?? What about the "vapor loss" from the gas I always spill with these silly things. Makes about as much sense as the rubber condoms around the filler spouts at the gas stations. Freakin' greenie weenies.

Well maybe "vapor loss" what killed off the dinosaurs ... :confused:

(rant mode OFF)

They are actually designed to auto close, not to prevent spills.

Loss of vapor could be considered a spill. What does it have to do with my point? :msp_rolleyes:

On second thought, explain to me why these stupid cans are called "No Spill" if it is not to prevent a spill? :popcorn:

I'm not doubting you for a second, but COME ON!! Vapor loss??? Really?? What about the "vapor loss" from the gas I always spill with these silly things. (rant mode OFF)

Well, during the regulation development having a can as badly designed as the Blitz wasn't anticipated. All that was being considered was a can that would seal up automatically if you weren't using it. All in all, not a bad thought.

The problem really isn't the regulation, it's the gas can that Blitz came up with. If the Blitz can would have been an obscure lousy design, it wouldn't have mattered. But it quickly became a very popular gas can, sold by Walmarts and the like everywhere.

Loss of vapor could be considered a spill. What does it have to do with my point? :msp_rolleyes:

On second thought, explain to me why these stupid cans are called "No Spill" if it is not to prevent a spill? :popcorn:

By you pushing the button you're controlling the flow of gas therefore you don't overfill your equipment preventing a spill and we now have a NO-SPILL gas can.

Buy some cans of premix. Use them up. You now have real nice cans, pour easy, even into some of the more hard to reach older saw small fuel openings. Use any old cheap can to buy and mix in, then immediately transfer it to the one quart size premix metal cans ( I use a funnel that fits nice on the top). They seal well, pour super easy, and you can carry them in a jacket pocket.

Buy some cans of premix. Use them up. You now have real nice cans, pour easy, even into some of the more hard to reach older saw small fuel openings. Use any old cheap can to buy and mix in, then immediately transfer it to the one quart size premix metal cans ( I use a funnel that fits nice on the top). They seal well, pour super easy, and you can carry them in a jacket pocket.

And best of all they don't cost anything extra. Good idea.

3567447768_4f66505736.jpg

Ooops... wrong can.

WTF!!
Darwin candidate(s) pour gas on a fire and then sue Blitz & Wally world ???
Plastics News - Beleaguered gas can manufacturer Blitz USA closing down

Couple of vids even.
Epic fail pouring gas on fire guy runs with flaming gas can - YouTube
lower your volume first on this next one, idiots put some loud crap music on it.
Awesome fume flash off though.
FAIL: Idiot Uses Gasoline To Burn Some Branches In His Backyard! - YouTube
Oh what the heck, one more. the ending shot of the scattered woodpile is impressive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w09IY73oVjE&feature=related

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back