NW Montana Charity cut?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, straight donation it is.

I'll PM my snail mail addy and PayPal.

Roma is going to donate some good seasoned wood and offered to deliver it up there. :msp_thumbup:

you guys just lemme know when you're needin help with anything at all, hell I can even throw the old sideboards back on the truck

I talked to Paw Paw on the phone last night. I have permission to cut some wood at a 160 acre site, it's a Boy scout camp. There's dead standing and downed there.

They have a facility with a full commercial kitchen, showers, etc. The thing is hard to rent the closer you get to spring and summer due to Scouts from all over the country and world coming in to camp there.

It'd make a really good GTG site, and the wood played with can still go to this family.

My wife's boss runs the place, I'll find out when the camp gets booked beyond availability, and if he'd forgo the camp charge as a donation to this family as well.

Would be pretty easy to make a two day deal out of it. The showers don't work when they're winterized, but there's places to stay (hotels/motels) in nearby Bigfork, and of course, Kalispell.

Start throwing out possible dates that would work for folks, and we'll see what can happen?

The cold hard facts are, that if this guy doesn't make it this year (not trying to be negative), the gal and her daughter will need wood for next year. I say, the more we get them, the better.

I talked to Paw Paw on the phone last night. I have permission to cut some wood at a 160 acre site, it's a Boy scout camp. There's dead standing and downed there.

They have a facility with a full commercial kitchen, showers, etc. The thing is hard to rent the closer you get to spring and summer due to Scouts from all over the country and world coming in to camp there.

It'd make a really good GTG site, and the wood played with can still go to this family.

My wife's boss runs the place, I'll find out when the camp gets booked beyond availability, and if he'd forgo the camp charge as a donation to this family as well.

Would be pretty easy to make a two day deal out of it. The showers don't work when they're winterized, but there's places to stay (hotels/motels) in nearby Bigfork, and of course, Kalispell.
Start throwing out possible dates that would work for folks, and we'll see what can happen?

The cold hard facts are, that if this guy doesn't make it this year (not trying to be negative), the gal and her daughter will need wood for next year. I say, the more we get them, the better.

Uncle Jake's house has 2 spare bedrooms

I'll be heading to town in a few to look for a new car for mamma (new to us anyway).

She wants a Subaru, and really wants a Forester. Hope we can find something for her in our budget, her Exploder is failing daily.

I'm also stopping by to check on those log decks, hopefully the guy is around!

Last edited:
I'll be heading to town in a few to look for a new car for mamma (new to us anyway).

She wants a Subaru, and really wants a Forester. Hope we can find something for her in our budget, her Exploder is failing daily.

Be sure that Sub has a rack, tote some saws and firewood on top. Even a christmas tree :rock:

March 24 is not good. I have to look up the other 2 things I'm signed up for. But, I have The Wing, a little shower, and even a porta potty, which has not been used--yet. So, I guess I'm kinda self contained. As far as trailers go that is. Gots a 12 volt powered mattress heater and, if allowed, the other heater is The Used Dog. He might need a coat for climate change though.

I can bring the traditional Huckleberry Pies, if you Montaniacs are allowed to eat W. Warshington berries, and my Not Quite Good For You Cookies.

End o' March is planting here, so I also vote against that week. Otherwise, I can make just about anything work up to Memorial Day, which is about when fire season starts, and even then I can probably make it with a bit of lead time. I like the idea of a camp with a kitchen. Food rules!

Don't they call them chains "North Dakota skip tooth"? :laugh:

That's not what Granberg calls it:

chain1.jpg

View attachment 223015

Last edited:

if you're looking for a subaru, Little Brothers up by the shop has a pantload of em, it's what they specialize in

Back