NW Montana Charity cut?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent something along to help out. I hope you guys and gals can get them plenty of heat.:cheers:

Wow guys! Great outpouring of support!

Just so y'all know, Linehand above is my older brother Josh. . . Give him some rep and show him some Arboristsite love. :)

if you're looking for a subaru, Little Brothers up by the shop has a pantload of em, it's what they specialize in

10-4 Paw Paw. . . Stopped in there and we're looking at a 96 Legacy with the 2.2 Liter.

Having it check out Monday by a Mechanic. :)

Wow, what a day!!

Think we found a new rig for mamma, and stopped by to talk with the Pastor about these folks.

Found out that late last night, after I had left, another acquaintance of Doug dropped off a cord to them folks last night!! :rock:

Also found out some more about this family, some of this will make your blood boil, so I'll save that for the end. It'll make you wanna drive out here and choke a fool.

Anyway, the dad's cancer is worse than I thought. He had a tumor removed from his bladder and colon earlier this year. Well, the cancer is back there, and that's why they want to start him on chemo -- he doesn't want to -- cause chemo is poison, but he's desperate at this point.

So, the daughter isn't 16 like I thought!! LOL The little thing is 27, and was born with a heart problem and some learning and speech difficulties.

Now I feel even worse today. :( When I had finished walking the property, and came back to the house -- that little gal was carrying wood onto the porch and stacking it. I had no idea she had heart problems, and today she had to go to the doctor to have a monitor attached because she wasn't feeling right.

Talk about one thing after the other with these folks!! :msp_sad:

So, I stopped by the loggers place and he wasn't there, so I'll have to try back.

I'm meeting Roma in the morning so we can take up that wood he's donating, I'll be at my Brother-in-Laws first thing in the morning, as he also donated half a cord!! :clap:

I'm going to buy the guy some stuff called Miracle Mineral Supplement. It's supposed to oxygenate the body and drive out all the nasties. I hope it helps him in some way!! My brother sent me a video on it from YouTube, and it's pretty dern neat as far as I can tell.

One thing about Western Medicine, we excel at triage, but blow at medicine and nutrition.

I also want to go Chaga hunting, and give him some for tea. . . It's supposed to be anti-tumor and a potent antioxidant.

Now for the blood boil part.

Doug told me that a few weeks ago, they were down to just a little wood on the porch, and the jackass neighbor walked down and stole it when it was just the daughter home. She couldn't do anything to stop him, WHAT A ####!!

I swear if he puts one finger on this wood, he's getting a midnight-backwoods-Kentucky justice- ass whoopin!! Then MAYBE, I'll call the Sheriff.

I guess he's a 20-something turd/barfly, with a live in girlfriend, and is obviously more worthless than tits on a boar hog! Who does that, I mean really?? :angry::angry:

Anyway, thank you all that have sent in donations so far, it's very heart warming. :)

It will be know to this family where the donations are from, as Maggie (the mom) doesn't think much of humanity after the neighbor incident.

Ive got a cabin with a couple hundred acres by wolf creek, with all the wood we want to cut. Cant remember where you are metals but the offers there, im up there most weekends.

I'll send a can-o-whoop-ass for the wood thief. Don't forget to make him sniff the lid too.

Ive got a cabin with a couple hundred acres by wolf creek, with all the wood we want to cut. Cant remember where you are metals but the offers there, im up there most weekends.

Wolf Creek on the Fisher River behind Island Lake??

Theres a town called Wolf creek between great falls and helena, its in that area.

That's a far clip from us, these folks are west of Kalispell.

Sounds like your property would be a good candidate for a GTG though! :)

Just got back from up there, what a good time!

Met Roma (John) at 9:30 this morning and we drove up to their place. We stocked up the covered porch and then started stacking what was on the ground, and the rest of what was in the trucks.

I brought my boys and we had a fun time, and John and I had a hoot laughing and chatting. The gal (Maggie) didn't know we were coming, and was pretty surprised! LOL

She was overwhelmed with the support and broke down a couple times. Come to find out, they came here from OR 7 months ago, and she isn't used to the country living.

She was sick herself, and they lost their place in OR, and they moved here so she could die in the country. She has liver problems and was fixing to croak, but her blood work is coming back clean (she calls it a true miracle), and then her husband got sick with cancer. :(

I swear, I'll never complain about the piddly crap in my life again. It's just been one thing after another with these poor folks.

She is VERY encouraged by the support they are receiving. She said she didn't receive this kind of community support in OR, from neighbors or her church.

She wanted me to tell y'all, that she is so very grateful for your donations! She said she can't express in words how it makes her feel, and that it fills her heart with joy! :cheers:

So far, we're real close to being able to out-right purchase 2 cords of good wood from someone local. Not only does it benefit these folks, but it supports the person/family selling the wood to make ends meet.

I'll update this thread as it progresses. . . And I'll keep everyone in the know with Doug's condition with the cancer.

Thank you all for your generosity!!!!!!!

~Nate

Thank you Roma.
Thank you Nate and your boys.
For the wood, trucks and time to do this good stuff.
As for the piddly crap, that sure is true what you said. It just doesn't come up on the charts.

Are you guys still planning a GTG or wood cutting day or whatever?

Yup! Talking with the dude Monday to see what dates the camp is open, and then I'll post the dates here.

Then we'll just see what date works the best for everyone involved. :)

Nate, PM me with your Paypal, and I'll round up some of these OT dollars and herd em your way. Throw in a mail address and we'll send out some of WI's finest dairy products for y'all to munch on while you're cutting!

I'd love to get out that way and help in person, but vacation time is a real limit for me, and it's a 20 hour ride from here. Gimme a couple years and I'll get out there though!

Nate, PM me with your Paypal, and I'll round up some of these OT dollars and herd em your way. Throw in a mail address and we'll send out some of WI's finest dairy products for y'all to munch on while you're cutting!

I'd love to get out that way and help in person, but vacation time is a real limit for me, and it's a 20 hour ride from here. Gimme a couple years and I'll get out there though!

Alright! I'm all for some dairy munchies for a GTG! Wait to send off the dairy munchies though. . . We still don't have a solid date nailed down.

We can buy milk from a local dairy that's only pasteurized, no homo. . . I want to try and make farmer cheese. It looks easy, and I guess it has a mozzarella flavor. :drool:

Waiting to hear back on available dates for the camp. He said it shouldn't be an issue, but he needed to approach the board to make sure.

I told him to look at April, May, June, and July for openings. . . That's a pretty wide spread, and we should be able to pick a date that everyone can work with!

Latest posts

Back