o no??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, you gaff trees, as well as palms? Palms aren't trees.

If so, you are a hack, period. And 25 years behind the times...

As well, in a huge trunked tree, any pro arborist will be in the top, working, while you're still struggling to make it up.

Same goes for many trees where it's easy to set a line. An accompished foot locker would also blow your sorry asz out of the water.

I guess if I had to drag the dam leg irons out every dam time I would have quit a long time ago.

As for needing the spikes for positioning, never heard of loop runners/slings? I always carry two or three to put in a foothold on a prune when there isn't a handy branch or stub, SO easy:dizzy:
Dude, try a split tail on your system, makes changing postions easy, maybe thats why the spikes are felt to be necessary, can't be bothered to change your TIP because it means untying and retying the whole shebang so just dig in the spikes and stretch? ...try it, its a revelation!

Yup, handed to him again, and this time by a woman. :agree2:

Cmon guys, watch a TCC or work with an experienced climber; so much to learn, for all of us!

I don't think he even understands that, it's been laid out several times for him how it's just as, if not more, profitable to spikeless prune, but the voices in his big head must be too loud or something. Forget asthesun, he's a lost cause, but I bet we can get Raymond to start doing the right thing. Whaddaya say, Ray? You wanna give it a shot for ####s and grins? You already know you don't NEED them. Why not up the anti for the local boys, eh?
I do plan to TRY and leave them in the truck box, on my prunes.
I like the way I have my new handsaw attached to them though.
Besides I don't really get alot of them.. more hammer slams on the
house sides or removals.

I never used them on small trees I could reach down and get
my handsaw from my groundman though.

But yeah I do like you guys, so I'll do it for you K? Beside
I just have like 4 friends on my buddy list, I don't
want anyone to pull their names, on me.
Cheetos-1.gif

Last edited:
hey are the stringer brooks spikes tom trees
Yeah they are from Stringer but not sure about the brooks you mentioned.
I just have the one point here and not the whole spurs anymore.
If you can use it I'll send it to you.
0508092338.jpg

We used to call those Brooks spikes. They are made by Stringer Brooks. That is if they even make them anymore. Haven't seen a pair in years.

We used to call those Brooks spikes. They are made by Stringer Brooks. That is if they even make them anymore. Haven't seen a pair in years.
Yeah I PMed Tom in case he missed that post.
I have no use for it anymore.

Beside I hated dealing with Stringer back then. They treated the tree guys like crap
and gave the utility guys price breaks and all kinds of free goodies.
I was glad to see they shut down here...piss on'em.

I never climbed in them but knew a few that used them. The were cheap as hell, I remember that. I was climbing in Kliens back then.

I never climbed in them but knew a few that used them. The were cheap as hell, I remember that. I was climbing in Kliens back then.

I have been doing this for 30 years and I don't think I ever saw a pair!! My first experience, and for the longest time were Klien, which I still have. I also have some Buckinham and Wolfclaw. They are great if and when you need them, but you do not always need em.. and you got to know the difference -- for you and the tree.

I do plan to TRY and leave them in the truck box, on my prunes.
I like the way I have my new handsaw attached to them though.
Besides I don't really get alot of them.. more hammer slams on the
house sides or removals.

I never used them on small trees I could reach down and get
my handsaw from my groundman though.

But yeah I do like you guys, so I'll do it for you K? Beside
I just have like 4 friends on my buddy list, I don't
want anyone to pull their names, on me.
Cheetos-1.gif

It ain't so bad. You'll get the hang of it quick. :cheers:

LT...

Back