Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He doesn't have to prove anything to YOU.

Well if Chi-Com knock offs are what he is selling, prove it!

I don't give a rat's azz as I have enough OEM stihls, and NOS/OEM parts when NLA , to last out my life.

If OEM saws are best, PROVE IT!!!! If a $300 Chi-Com knockoff/stolen patent is as good, lets see it. Side by side, $ for $.

I didn't start this thread. So don't be a piss ant, if I ask for substance , rather than fluff.

Well if Chi-Com knock offs are what he is selling, prove it!

I don't give a rat's azz as I have enough OEM stihls, and NOS/OEM parts when NLA , to last out my life.

If OEM saws are best, PROVE IT!!!! If a $300 Chi-Com knockoff/stolen patent is as good, lets see it. Side by side, $ for $.

I didn't start this thread. So don't be a piss ant, if I ask for substance , rather than fluff.
Is sarcasm often lost on you?

****ing communists ruining this country. President Trump should put tariffs on those kits to make them more expensive than OEM.

This, this is way the hell overdue. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, people that buy this Chicom junk because they can’t afford a real one are the dumbest people there are. They can’t seem to understand that buying this Chicom crap is the EXACT reason they can’t afford a real one. How many American dollars spent on Holzforma, Farmertec, Hutzl, whomever else stay in the US to support the US economy? Idiots, they just can’t see it, only worried about today, to hell with tomorrow.

This, this is way the hell overdue. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, people that buy this Chicom junk because they can’t afford a real one are the dumbest people there are. They can’t seem to understand that buying this Chicom crap is the EXACT reason they can’t afford a real one. How many American dollars spent on Holzforma, Farmertec, Hutzl, whomever else stay in the US to support the US economy? Idiots, they just can’t see it, only worried about today, to hell with tomorrow.

Sort of why I love my 1940 9N Ford tractor, that runs all day on any 5-gal $#!T fuel.

It has a lunchbox size toolbox, if it stops running and stuff in the toolbox can't fix it, it's BROKE!

I spent $1000 on the tractor, 30 years ago. I got a harrow, tire chains, scoop blade, and grader blade too. $500 I got a new Howse rotary ( USA Made) mower.

That tractor is still running well. And I can fix what ails it with simple tools. The howse brush hog has needed a few welds, but blades, gearbox, and driveshaft are OEM.

It don't have any CHi-Com parts. 79 years old.

I’m the first to admit that there are some things you can’t help buying that are made overseas, but when you buy crap directly from China? There isn’t even a middle man that is making US dollars supporting the US economy. You can argue that an iPhone (for example) is no different, but it truly is, Apple employs a lot of US citizens, they pay them US dollars that support the US economy. Sure, I’d love to see them made here, I’d be all over buying one. That’s not going to happen any time soon, so yes, I’m all for huge tariffs to drive the labor back stateside.

From a pure economic standpoint, tariffs have been ineffective and often counterproductive. They can lead to escalating trade wars. However, if there is one thing that Donald Trump IS, he is a very shrewd and hard driving negotiator (just look at his business record), something we have been needing in a president for years. I'm guessing (and hoping) that he is using this as short term negotiating leverage to extract trade concessions from the Chinese. I hope he is successful. Time will tell.

From a pure economic standpoint, tariffs have been ineffective and often counterproductive. They can lead to escalating trade wars.
The problem with this statement is it's too short minded. You're thinking about today and not tomorrow. The Chinese don't give a **** about the crap products they make because they have no pride. Their main focus is to make products as cheap as possible to gain all the market share. This forces businesses that put out a quality product to close their doors and we are stuck buying their ****. People are so ****ing short minded that they will buy something because it's a quarter of the price, ignoring the fact that they will have to replace it every few years because it's nothing but junk, in the end it really isn't any cheaper and businesses with pride and quality products are disappearing. Remember when you bought something, took care of it, and it lasted and lasted and lasted, so long it could be passed down to the next generation? Those days are long gone as of now. The new mentality is, buy it cheap, throw it away when it breaks, and buy another. We are spending just as much money and having to deal with the frustrations of constant failure of **** products.

What the Chinese are doing is working, as shown by the made in China label on everything you pick up. If you think this can't happen to Stihl with these crap clone saws and kits that are starting to gain traction, you're blind. It's time to put a stop to this **** by not supporting these communist bastards, and buying quality products, even if they are more expensive. Yes, OEM saws are better, in many more ways than one.

Don’t forget to mention that he has sold “over a hundred saws” :laugh:
Well...let's have a look at his numbers, when determining the truthfulness of what someone is claiming do you think these 'well rounded' numbers make sense, or are they just easy numbers to roll off when not being completely forth coming with the truth. Let's look at his claimed real world numbers...
As far as my experience, I have built 40 660s, 30 372s, 5 070s, 5 440s, 10 361s, 6 360s, 4 380s, 2 200ts, and I am sure I missed a few. I absolutely do not need to justify a damn thing to you
OK so here you have, of the over 100 saws he has built, heres the numbers of various models. 40 30 5 5 10 6 4 & 2... Hardly the random numbers you would see on Saturday night lotto. Exactly 40 660's? 30 372's? etc etc. Seasoned members BS meter goes off the chart when they sense someone is not being truthful when offering their service to other members. We kinda all look out for each other and will call someone out when we perceive they are peddling a story that don't add up. I suggest you work on selling yourself, that starts with being truthful and earning the trust of the membership. Do it right, you will gain support from fellow members and you'll find a whole lot less roadblocks in your path going forward. Perhaps start again with a new avatar. I'm sure you do have talents with these kit saws and could be of assistance to some folks. In this life we are judged not by what we 'say' but by what we 'do'. Good luck!

Well...let's have a look at his numbers, when determining the truthfulness of what someone is claiming do you think these 'well rounded' numbers make sense, or are they just easy numbers to roll off when not being completely forth coming with the truth. Let's look at his claimed real world numbers...

OK so here you have, of the over 100 saws he has built, heres the numbers of various models. 40 30 5 5 10 6 4 & 2... Hardly the random numbers you would see on Saturday night lotto. Exactly 40 660's? 30 372's? etc etc. Seasoned members BS meter goes off the chart when they sense someone is not being truthful when offering their service to other members. We kinda all look out for each other and will call someone out when we perceive they are peddling a story that don't add up. I suggest you work on selling yourself, that starts with being truthful and earning the trust of the membership. Do it right, you will gain support from fellow members and you'll find a whole lot less roadblocks in your path going forward. Perhaps start again with a new avatar. I'm sure you do have talents with these kit saws and could be of assistance to some folks. In this life we are judged not by what we 'say' but by what we 'do'. Good luck!
Very true... But yes those are my numbers... A guy from A.S. IS the guy who bought number 40. Most of my builds are on YouTube. Look up the video titled AM660-40, you will see my name and you will see the 40 saws. Beyond that you will see many more videos that I posted, I do this for all of my customers. I am sorry that you guys don't believe me, but the fact here is that I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL YOU ANYTHING, so I don't care.

Very true... But yes those are my numbers... A guy from A.S. IS the guy who bought number 40. Most of my builds are on YouTube. Look up the video titled AM660-40, you will see my name and you will see the 40 saws. Beyond that you will see many more videos that I posted, I do this for all of my customers. I am sorry that you guys don't believe me, but the fact here is that I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL YOU ANYTHING, so I don't care.
Why did you stop selling on eBay and sell off all your spare parts?

Latest posts

Back