Oh NO! Hit a house!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I smacked a cesspit vent yesterday, it was a choice to drop it between the electric line and the pit, which side to favour...at least 8" of pvc is easily replaced!
S$@t definitely happens some days.

I had a rotten 28" oak land with on a shed with a boat in it cost me almost 8000 when it was all said and done. I paid it out of my pocket though. I got some additional business out of it though. Good luck keep your head up.
Jared

Did a large job a few weeks back for a condominium complex. Many trees, grind stumps, the whole 9 yards. I finished all the trimming and removals and had my guys grinding the stumps. Told the customer we would grind the root system on one of the stumps for an additional $100 because they had to have a drain put in in this area because of a drainage issue. It was either us remove the roots or they would have to pay the guys who were putting the drain in. We had the stump grinder on site so I said we would do it, no problem... My guys hit an old steel pipe that the tree had grown over, ground around it and ended up throwing a rock through a window with the stump grinder. Long story short. I paid my guys a half day to grind the stump and roots plus had to pay out of pocket for the window... I ended up working my guys a half day and ended up paying $30 more than I bid the stump for in the first place. I handled the glass installation and paid for it in full out of my pocket. Thank God I didn't have to use my insurance. After I did that plus made a couple of trips back to trim some limbs to please some of the elderly residents, I can do no wrong with these people. They let me know that I was their tree guy and would be having me back in the Spring. Plus told me they would give me an excellent reference... Some times it's not so much how bad you screw up but how well you recover. Of course, on the other hand, some days it just doesn't pay to even get out of bed. ;)

Sorry to hear of your mishap.

Last edited:
Some times it's not so much how bad you screw up but how well you recover.

Interesting - a music teacher once told me something very similar about improvising - there's no such thing as a playing a bad note, it's the notes you play afterward. Never thought it might apply to another field. Definitely words of wisdom. Thanks!

could have been worse,

you could have hit two houses.

it happens,life goes on.

no one was hurt is all that matters.

Latest posts

Back