Oil pump needed for MacCat 839

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big feller

Big feller

ArboristSite Operative
Please can anyone help me track down an oil pump or inner gear for a MacCat 839? The damage to the nylon gear is just about visible in the picture.

Failing working supplies I may machine one - any suggestions as to which readily available plastic to use?

Thanks.

Big feller.

Last edited:
retoocs555

retoocs555

Addicted to ArboristSite
Do you have a picture of the whole saw?

That model mac cat wasn't sold in North America but there may be models over here that would interchange parts with your saw.

Big feller

Big feller

ArboristSite Operative
I just looked in the Clymer chainsaw manual. It mentions WildCat as being similar to MacCat, but the illustration of the MacCat oiler looks nothing like mine.

I could have taken a picture a couple of hours ago - sadly now I can only take a picture of a pile of bits. I'm in no hurry to put it back together again either. Having only worked on two Macs - this one and a 130 - I'm in no hurry to add any more. What a cuss to take so much apart just to get to the oil pump!

Big feller

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
i have 2 Mac Cat parts saws in stock with good oil pumps. one of them should run as it sits. send me a PM if you need anything for them.

edit: fired the complete one up, runs great and has good compression.

Last edited:
Big feller

Big feller

ArboristSite Operative
Replacement pump arrived today. Thanks to Ozflea and NWCS for advice and offer of help.

Bill Robinson's service was brilliant. Posted the morning after it was ordered and charged less postage than we had agreed was likely.

Another great example of how good this site is. Many thanks.

Big feller.