oiler flush

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
the partner has never been a strong oiler ... any ideas on the best way to try and flush it out,appreciated... this before i spring for an oiler... another hundred bucks around here... thanks

The owners manual to my Jonsereds 49SP suggests running some pre mix through the oil system. If you do this remove the bar and chain so no sparks set the saw on fire. Have a fire extinguisher handy!

Usually they can be disassembled and cleaned. First try would be to run some kerosene or diesel through it.

Try one of the quick flush products for an automobile such as NAPA Quick Flush. It works good in motors and is not going to flash and burn as mix might.

thanks for the tips. i flushed today and let it set with the mix.. kero,gas,transmedic fluid....
let it set, in it a while...
tonite i tickled my best chain for it,so we, ll see tommorow.
if theres one of u mechanics there who is real familar with the saw,i may want to send it for possible evaluation . possibly carb kit, and oiler work.if i thot i could get it back up, to the way its suppose to run .[its been real fast with what littlei know to do.]
it be worth it to me.

to follow up. saw still oils minumum.
but its the fastest i got in that size saw so who am i to tell it how much oil it needs.:) :rolleyes:

Tony, Is that your Partner 500? The 500 had a non adjustable oiler while the sister 5000 series had adjustable oilers. I have the instructions for disassembly /reassembly if you need them-It is really pretty straightforward though.

yep this is the 500. it has an adjuster...
i think mabe when they were puttin these things togather,they wasnt sure whether they wus gonna put that last zero on or not... its got the 95 vp chain on it now,and it really shows off, with that narrow kerf chain... saw cost me 25 bucks at the flea...gonna put that same chain on the 295 poulan pro...its got lg on it now,and the partners got it beat... this is why i got to looking at chains... i put an rs and lg chain on and both slowed the partner dn . this is one of the reasons i was trying to get more oil.but it was chain that was the difference. which of course, has me thinking about some of my other saws. it makes sense ,the less wood removed ,narrow kerf,the more concentrated the power of the saw.

Back