oiliing adjustment location husky 61?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepdude

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
newbie here, have a husky 61, trying to find the adjustment location for the bar oil. Doesnt appear to be where my husky 350 is at. Go figure... thanks for the help. Looks like a great site here!!

look just to the inside of clutch drum that is the oiler
there is adjustment screw with #'s 1 lowest 4 highest
i reccomend 3 or 4 for 20" or longer bar

You have to remove the clutch cover to see the adj bolt.She is at top left portion of your oil pump,just "in front" of your sprocket.You need a flat screwdriver to adjust it.4 positions available.

You have to remove the clutch cover to see the adj bolt.She is at top left portion of your oil pump,just "in front" of your sprocket.You need a flat screwdriver to adjust it.4 positions available.

Right, here is an OM for the late production 61 - look at page 31.

ok, I found it but is it a plastic piece, cause when I try turning it it just wants to strip the head off. Any ideas and what is the indication point on that piece. I see the #'s 1 thru 4 on the case.
thanks

Try to use a screw driver that will fill the slot and give you a good bite.. try working the screw back and forth. If this does not work ..you may have to remove the clutch and the entire oiler to see what the hang up is.

ok, I found it but is it a plastic piece, cause when I try turning it it just wants to strip the head off. Any ideas and what is the indication point on that piece. I see the #'s 1 thru 4 on the case.
thanks

If you have an old screwdriver,you can bend at 90* the tip and voila.But usually with a bit fiddling,you should be able to turn it with a std screwdriver.

Latest posts

Back