OK... fess up... how many chainsaw do ya have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I joined the site in December '09, at the time I only had 2 saws, one of which ran. Now I have four saws a month later sitting in my shop(three of them are old cheap saws and one is my new 6400 THEY ALL RUN). Thanks for the new addiction in my life.

Not too many compared to other folks on this site:

1. Blue Homelite EZ
2. Red Homelite EZ
3. Homelite 150
4. Homelite Super 2
5. Homelite 360
6. Echo 302
7. McCulloch 610
8. McCulloch 10-10
9. McCulloch Mini-Mac (4 of them)
10. Poulan Pro
11. Poulan 2775
12. Poulan Wood Shark
12. Poulan (Craftsman)XXV (3of them)
13. Remington Electric
14. Husqvarna 61 currently on ebay. (parts)

I guess that's about 20 that I can recall but I'll probably have more coming in and maybe one or two going out.

I counted last week and had about 55. I have bought some and sold some since then. Some of these run, some will someday (I hope) and some never will.
I mentioned tonight to my wife that I would like to have a McCulloch 125 and I thought she would have a stroke.
What she does not know is that I have 2-125 parts saws and am trying to find enough parts to make a running saw.

I found a man in south Ala. that has a ton of old MCCulloch parts and NOS McCulloch parts. I saw about 20 pistons for a McCulloch 250, I think. Every time I found something I wanted to buy he would tell me, no I can't sell that I may need it.
He is 79 years old and told me to come back when he dies and they would probably give me everything. I subscribed to the local paper so I could watch the obituary's. Tom
P S He also has about 8 or 10 2-man saws. One is a Poulan 52 that a man on here told me Poulan never made.

How ever many I had plus about twenty mo in da last six weeks. I is a baaaad man. I new I shouldn't have put in the three extra shelving units in the shop last month. I'm gettin ready to do a nice rebuild on a big Homelite 990D with nos parts. I'm gonna get ol Tommy to take the pics and post em on here to show the rebuild on this monster.

Last edited:
Just joined this site at the beginning of January. I was looking for info on fixing my broken saw now i have 4 of them, all Huskys. The wife seems to be a little upset.

well i just own 3 two runs and one i'm rebuilding and i got alot a homelite and others for parts tho

I'm a little late to the party but I got my first saw, a ms210 last Christmas from my girlfriend, I don't think she knew what she was getting into. My boss gave me 2 blown up saws, a 026 and a 044. since I really had no need for 1 saw let alone 3 I was supposed to fix them and sell them to make some money. well that plan didn't work so well as I ended up selling the 210 and keeping the other two, and now I have acquired another 044 that is blown as well which is my current project.

But I swear, I'm not going past 50. I really mean it too. 50 is my limit.

I may hit it twice, but 50 is my limit. :cheers:

Back