OK, finally bought a semi-NEW MS 460.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However when you run a saw 40-50hrs a week good anti-vibe is huge. I don't hate STIHL but Husky's feel better to me and i get get dealer support from Husky. My top handles are STIHL though and i have a 361.

However when you run a saw 40-50hrs a week good anti-vibe is huge. I don't hate STIHL but Husky's feel better to me and i get get dealer support from Husky. My top handles are STIHL though and i have a 361.

Fair enough. But isn't the spring AV Sthil is starting to implement in their saws comparable? I know the 460 I bought don't have the spring av, which was one main reason I was looking at the 441cm. But for the same weight and more power and SAME price I went with the 460. I don't cut but on the weekends and was debating on getting anti-vibe gloves anyway.

Fair enough. But isn't the spring AV Sthil is starting to implement in their saws comparable? I know the 460 I bought don't have the spring av, which was one main reason I was looking at the 441cm. But for the same weight and more power and SAME price I went with the 460. I don't cut but on the weekends and was debating on getting anti-vibe gloves anyway.

Yeah the anti vibe is better now, i just use what feels best to me not what name is on the side. The 460 is a good saw and will serve you well for a long time.

..if you can stand the violent vibes! :msp_sad:

I screwed up a couple of weeks ago and bought a MS 460 and now I'm stuck with it. With the "violent vibes" this saw has I'm terrified to even use it. It might hit the resonate frequency and fly apart on me at any time. The biggest problem is that I'm stuck with it now. Since this thing has such bad "violent vibes", I doubt I could even get anyone to buy it. I wish I would have saved my money and went to Home Depot and bought a electric chainsaw instead of a saw that vibrates so bad that it's completely unusable! thanks for opening up my eyes ST! I surely would be dead from this thing if it wasn't for you! I'll be sure to take it to the scrap yard tomorrow and get it crushed before anyone else gets hurts too. I think I might file a class action lawsuit against Stihl for selling such a horrible product!

AJ

Well, people react very differently to vibes - if it doesn't bother you, that's fine!

...but there still may be long term effects from it, you never know for sure before they appear...

Well, people react very differently to vibes - if it doesn't bother you, that's fine!

...but there still may be long term effects from it, you never know for sure before they appear...

The air you breath and the water you drink will kill you too... better not drink any water or breath.....

yep well the missus loves a little vibe action, dosent bother her ...infact the long term effect is benifical, and the effect appears pretty much instant. :msp_drool:

I screwed up a couple of weeks ago and bought a MS 460 and now I'm stuck with it. With the "violent vibes" this saw has I'm terrified to even use it. It might hit the resonate frequency and fly apart on me at any time. The biggest problem is that I'm stuck with it now. Since this thing has such bad "violent vibes", I doubt I could even get anyone to buy it. I wish I would have saved my money and went to Home Depot and bought a electric chainsaw instead of a saw that vibrates so bad that it's completely unusable! thanks for opening up my eyes ST! I surely would be dead from this thing if it wasn't for you! I'll be sure to take it to the scrap yard tomorrow and get it crushed before anyone else gets hurts too. I think I might file a class action lawsuit against Stihl for selling such a horrible product!

AJ

I bet Stihl even tested these saws with crash dummies they are so dangerous. I bet the reps and tech guys cringe everything they see that they are the number one selling saw due to all the damage and hurt it does to hundreds everyday they're used.

Maybe somebody should develop AV retro fit kits and save people in the old saw world. I wonder if Stihl will ever come out with a ms990 or sprung AV strato in a ms991.

By the way the sideways balance of a 090 is fine since it has an outboard clutch. At least I think that's what helps sideways balance?

It seems to me the sideways balance would only gain with an inboard clutch. It's taking the unsymmetrical weight and moving it closer to the fulcrum instead of away?

Sideways balance is a moot point when the only saws, for the most part, big enough for some jobs are a 090 or Mac 125. Funny though "ST" both do have external clutches.

It seems to me the sideways balance would only gain with an inboard clutch. It's taking the unsymmetrical weight and moving it closer to the fulcrum instead of away?

Nice saw WV. I own both a 460 and a 441, and if you don't run them side by side, you'll likely never notice the 460's vibe's. If you do, then you will.

Nice saw WV. I own both a 460 and a 441, and if you don't run them side by side, you'll likely never notice the 460's vibe's. If you do, then you will.

Exactly what the dealer said! Since I will mostly be doing work on the weekends, I think I'll deal with it. After all I knew this going in. Dealer and most people recommend, for the same weight, the 460 having more power is the way to go. I know the 441 is a good saw too. Just went for the 460, I know I will be happy.
My next saw may be a 441, or 362.

Exactly what the dealer said! Since I will mostly be doing work on the weekends, I think I'll deal with it. After all I knew this going in. Dealer and most people recommend, for the same weight, the 460 having more power is the way to go. I know the 441 is a good saw too. Just went for the 460, I know I will be happy.
My next saw may be a 441, or 362.

To be honest, I really have doubts about the 460 having more power, as the M-Tronic is a strong runner too right outta' the box. I know the advertized HP is different, but my hands have doubts.

Back